Artificial Insemination

Evening all .

Just wondering what you views are on this subject ?

I suppose it would help cut down on travel costs to find the best stud.

It could also help store genetics for breeding well after a stud has passed away.

I'm Contemplating using this technique if my bitch isn't covered naturally this time Around. I know the stud dog I want to use and no other dog that I've seen work would really compliment my bitch the same. She's just coming in now and he wouldn't do the job last time around. prior planning and all that.

I may have missed something on here especially with the coursing lads but I thought it's worth bringing up again

Anyone experience would be appreciated thanks

DIY vids on YouTube And kits on ebay it's hardly rocket science some folks swear by it these days try it you may have a hidden talent choking the chicken of a dog

:thumbs::laugh::laugh: . I can Imagine That Simon's face on Britains got talent :icon_eek::laugh: .

It was something I never really thought about before but I suppose it saves lot of forking about.

I have seen it done several times with several different breeds. Get some frozen it's not costly and worth doing IMO.

The trickiest part is getting the bitch on the right day.

Edited by Sirius
  • Like 1

Could you actually freeze it yourself ? Or would you have to send it off for professional storage if so where are such places be ? As I imagine there is a life span of the sperm either posting to sperm bank or reciveing from the bank or even from the stud to the bitch it's an interesting subject though

• Like 1

Could you actually freeze it yourself ? Or would you have to send it off for professional storage if so where are such places be ? As I imagine there is a life span of the sperm either posting to sperm bank or reciveing from the bank or even from the stud to the bitch it's an interesting subject though

put it next to your peas lol

put it next to your peas lol

But seriously can it be done the storing of viable sperm from a dog for the general public ? I understand horses and bulls are big money for stud so i guess someone would cash in and offer the storage but for a working dog without costing thousands ?

place in Liverpool that dose it all they do mainly greyhounds

Yes again racing dogs much money to be had so I imagine it would be done for them but still cost a pretty penny I read in the paper of a rich woman who payed I think 60,000 for a clone of her dead dog she got 2 successful clones so if you have the money you can get the same ish dog again and again and again

I have seen it done several times with several different breeds. Get some frozen it's not costly and worth doing IMO.

A friend of mine has a bulldog and apparently he sends off samples and they tell him the best day day.

• Like 1

A friend of mine has a bulldog and apparently he sends off samples and they tell him the best day day.

That's correct, that how I have seen it done, so you get the peak days.

• Like 2