Good luck Paddy and tell us how your going about it,cages or flights,native goldie or northern and what sort of canaries you using and we love a few pics on here as well so don't be shy and welcome aboard the sane bit of THL :victory: .

• Like 2

Hello Paddy great to hear different folks experiences so dont be shy in sharing them.......Theres some genuinely decent folk on here who will share their knowledge out of pure passion for the birds its the best part of the forum in my opinion and great for newbies like you and me as no f****r takes the piss out of you no matter how stupid the questions are you ask !!

But I agree pictures are a must.

• Like 3

Cheers lads. Like a says green to the game the highlight of my career was fifes n tipplers when came to birds. I have a 6x4 shed with a bit of a flight inside an 3 double boxes. I cleared some my canaries down to my old mans. Kept 2 white hens a blue hen and a yellow hen whick is a super rearer. Just last night was out in the shed to the death building a 8x4 freestanding avairy. Coz had my Goldie's in the flight it's not big flight but anyway lost 1 this morning don't no how just 1 of them things. Will put pics up later once I master how to do it frm my fone. Il put up Goldie's canaires shed and my new avairy.. Really enjoyed the thread on wild foods defo thing I'll be looking at straight away. Once again thanks guys of out for a dig with my black'uns in an hour. The beauty bout belfast is we can still dig away with our terriers.

O sorry just point out il not be breeding this year as the Goldie's I got are this years birds n don't like breeding of yearlings. I'm currently sitting on 4 Goldie cocks 1 hen an 1 hen feet up. 4 fife hens 2 white,blue n a yellow. Pics will be up today(is it handy enuff frm a phone?)

Guys what do you thinks of using white hens for muling. Any pros or cons? I no me personly struggled breeding white/white fife. Some hatched only lasted a day or 2 then died. I red online whites don't make good breeding birds any truth? But thankfully I won't have to ask Jeeves or yahoo or yell. I will be asking you guys :) been a member of this site a while and wouldn't post in the terrier or lurcher bit must be awful hard for a young fela who hasn't got the owl fela,uncles or old timer round the corner to teach them or guide them me I was blessed with a WHOLE FAMILY of great white hunters yet some of them don't even own a pair of water boots. But I have got my old fela and some uncles who just hate being in the house. Should it be saltwater fishing,fresh water,coursing,lamping,digging,picking wellicks ( winkles) cockles. The the birds n dogs in the yard ya don't need booze good luck boys will have the pics up the day

• Like 1