Khan Jihad

What's the pup you've got that jacked KC, is that got khan in it?

sorry but no pup of mine has ever jacked then again this is my 2nd season so theres time yet :thumbs:

:D sorry, meant pulled up, hare left for dead, run out of puff, blew up, whatever you want to call it, has that got khan in it?

yes hes a grandson of khan.27tt dog pup 13 month old run for over 3mins but the quarry was too strong for him. i leave him too mature over the winter now do odd bits with him give him a few at the back end off the season then start him again next season if hes no good hes no good wont be the first wont be the last pup that mite not make the grade but 1 things for sure he will get his chance :thumbs:

• Like 4

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Khan bred bitch...    

Khan saw many hares in his life time , killed some, missed others, the lad who ran him most his running days a friend of mine and he an honest fella, tell you straight the dog was not top class, but p

Arctigun...you are one of the few people who actually talk sense on these coursing threads.....

Posted Images

jackers are mostly man made pal, :thumbs: funny they always end up with the same sorts of lads :cray:

Oh I know mate. Usually inexperienced desperadoes who think nothing of running a pup just over a year old on hares. They're gonna get found out at some point but the owners instead of holding them back keep pushing and pushing till its too late.

your contradicting your self pal :thumbs:

jackers are mostly man made pal, :thumbs: funny they always end up with the same sorts of lads :cray:

Oh I know mate. Usually inexperienced desperadoes who think nothing of running a pup just over a year old on hares. They're gonna get found out at some point but the owners instead of holding them back keep pushing and pushing till its too late.

your contradicting your self pal :thumbs:

How come?

sorry but no pup of mine has ever jacked then again this is my 2nd season so theres time yet :thumbs:
:D sorry, meant pulled up, hare left for dead, run out of puff, blew up, whatever you want to call it, has that got khan in it?

yes hes a grandson of khan.27tt dog pup 13 month old run for over 3mins but the quarry was too strong for him. i leave him too mature over the winter now do odd bits with him give him a few at the back end off the season then start him again next season if hes no good hes no good wont be the first wont be the last pup that mite not make the grade but 1 things for sure he will get his chance :thumbs:

So you ran a 13 month pup on the fens and your standing there with the stop watch timing it? What a sport this is for you guys, I can't get my head round that. Why the need to run it on hard hares? 9 months for rabbits, 18 months for hares was the way I was brought up to do it. Changed days indeed. Hope you've not ruined it pal :thumbs:

• Like 1

these dogs purpose bred pursuit hare dogs I think they can be dropped in a little earlier than 18 month, don't get me wrong nowts spoiled by waiting, but a lot can and will do it well before that age, if ya spend enough time working with them plenty of exercise etc and then not much harm can be done, , you can always pull em back as KC did if they start to get over matched, I know he done this early season and fair play he has pulled the dog and held um back, in truth most dogs see plenty of sets of clean heels if they ran off proper testing slips, matching a different game to testing the dog properly, lads slip different when they matching to simply running the dogs with pals for craic

• Like 1

So you ran a 13 month pup on the fens and your standing there with the stop watch timing it? What a sport this is for you guys, I can't get my head round that. Why the need to run it on hard hares? 9 months for rabbits, 18 months for hares was the way I was brought up to do it. Changed days indeed. Hope you've not ruined it pal :thumbs:

no wasnt on the fens. and the pup killed every time out on his last 8 outings quarry picked up time to go steady with him. no hes not ruined hes fine pal :thumbs:

no wasnt on the fens. and the pup killed every time out on his last 8 outings quarry picked up time to go steady with him. no hes not ruined hes fine pal :thumbs:

I thought you said in another thread it was on the fens? Take your time with the dog mate, no rush :thumbs:

Would you run a 13 month pup on the fens arctic?

largely depends on time of year mate, might let it have a 'look see' early doors, but no not in deep winter at that age , its knowing when not to run em as much as when to run em,

I had a dog catch one at 6 months, pure accident but it happens. I know what your saying but there is no rush. It sounds good to say if the pups struggling ill slip an older dog but it don't always work like that. Take KC run, 3 minutes that hare could have been a mile away out of sight. It's not like the pups gonna stop if another dogs slipped or the hares gonna just give up the will to live. Dangerous game to play with a dog that's clearly not upto the task asked of it yet.

Seen some do it and dogs ran well not to be a regular thing though, but also seen dogs not seen the Fens till 3 years old and get blown away , its all down to everything in moderation and down to the maturity of the hound and the maturity of the lad on the end of the slip , point scoring on a forum doesnt do any one any good does it?

• Like 1

I would never slip another dog in pal, its a lonely place for them out there once they up and running, and giving them an out like that wont achieve anything in my book, just as bad as using droppers to 'sharpen em up' its knowing the dog and that takes rearing it spending time in the field watching and waiting for the signs he ready for the task in hand, often it just happens ya out local mooching and up gets one and before ya know it your dogs on, self entering if ya like, sometimes they get it and ya over the moon other times it gets away and fair play he just aint ready just yet, like you say no rea rush , dogs live a long time and all are very different just like them on other end of slip leash

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 1

I would never slip another dog in pal, its a lonely place for them out there once they up and running, and giving them an out like that wont achieve anything in my book, just as bad as using droppers to 'sharpen em up' its knowing the dog and that takes rearing it spending time in the field watching and waiting for the signs he ready for the task in hand, often it just happens ya out local mooching and up gets one and before ya know it your dogs on, self entering if ya like, sometimes they get it and ya over the moon other times it gets away and fair play he just aint ready just yet, like you say no rea rush , dogs live a long time and all are very different just like them on other end of slip leash

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: well said mate :thumbs:

Seen some do it and dogs ran well not to be a regular thing though, but also seen dogs not seen the Fens till 3 years old and get blown away , its all down to everything in moderation and down to the maturity of the hound and the maturity of the lad on the end of the slip , point scoring on a forum doesnt do any one any good does it?

We are on here to talk about things folk post on here. Are we all meant to give high fives without question?