Fair Flight

arcticgun

I set out especially for one three days running and finaly found and flushed one , she was up a tree and had marked it down, sent the spaniel into flush and too my utter amazement she caught it fifty odd yards from edge of field, I was astonished, one foot in middle of back, doubt I'll ever see it again :victory:

Good result mate.........nice feed up?

it was actually a couple of days ago just got around to posting the pic, she flies at around 2lb 3oz she was still 2lb 9oz two days later lol I let her have the full lot, as she done so well, four different species last week in four trips out, looking forward to going for teal or mallard tomorrow, mind a moorhen would do the trick, awesome bird, she very fit now, seems to love exercising jumps , rope etc, and she pure thrives on hunting, after a hard season out me depth with falcons last year and the anxiety etc that fetched this is flying and hunting for pure pleasure :victory: too many quick to write the harris off as begginers bird etc their loss imho, ruthless hunters versatile and commited to task, loyal and fun who could ask for more :hmm:

Yeh it can be nice stress free hunting.....the 3 years I flew one, I never got the tracker out! that was with regular hunting in heavy woodland & forest...... When I got a gos I had to learn how to use it properly lol

They are underestimated......they'll catch as much as any bird

Yeh it can be nice stress free hunting.....the 3 years I flew one, I never got the tracker out! that was with regular hunting in heavy woodland & forest...... When I got a gos I had to learn how to use it properly lol

That's the down ful of the Harris! And can make it easy for D ickheads to pick um up! Sounds a great flight mate good stuff!

That's the down ful of the Harris! And can make it easy for D ickheads to pick um up! Sounds a great flight mate good stuff!

I'm afraid you're right, god knows how many there are, sitting in aviaries like parrots,cos people think they'll take up falconry this week.....

i paid 800 quid for my first male, now you get them free with a packet of chocolate fingers, i once saw a little male take 3 pheasant one after another after someone had been feeding a boundary hedge for a week or two. :angel: they really are in general a pleasure to own, the coopers hawk i believed would be the perfect partridge bird but i am still yet to hear anyone singing there praises and ive been listening for a long time :hmm:

i paid 800 quid for my first male, now you get them free with a packet of chocolate fingers, i once saw a little male take 3 pheasant one after another after someone had been feeding a boundary hedge for a week or two. :angel: they really are in general a pleasure to own, the coopers hawk i believed would be the perfect partridge bird but i am still yet to hear anyone singing there praises and ive been listening for a long time :hmm:

I looked into coopers a lot, generally you hear they are difficult & hit/miss, but there just hasn't been enough widely flown in uk (rather than sitting in breeding pens) to get a good idea, but they do well in the states with passage birds which is preferred, captive bred seem mental!

A nice male harris really is a pleasure.....I even took mine on a camping/hunting trip to the New Forest....no bother....it broke him to horses lol