Building A Little Team

Sean Horgan

Yes Shaun,I have a litter thats 5 weeks old today,I bred these to gift a pup to my mates lad,he's 15yrs old and a good lad that listens,he and his dad have some permission and have just got some more in protection of gamebirds on a local shoot,they already have 2 lurchers and needed a digging dog thats a bit of an allrounder,I used a good digging russell type over my plummer bitch,she's a nice little bitch thats no bother and just gets on with whatever is in front of her,I use her on a couple of estates in protection of gamebirds,nice little bolter,busher,ratter,worked everyday and never been laid up,I breed at least 1 litter a year and there are a lot of my terriers in this area being worked by experienced lads on a regular basis,here's a few pics of her and the mating,litter,etc,WM

attachicon.gifDSC_0183.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_2852.jpg

"bolted and shot in accordance with the hunting act"

attachicon.gifDSC_3086.jpg

"THE MATING"

attachicon.gifDSC_3463.jpg

"bitch and pups"

attachicon.gifDSC_3465.jpg

"MY MATES LAD ON THE LEFT"

attachicon.gifDSC_2253.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_2418.jpg

a good team will catch a lot of vermin in a season,atb,WM

Very nice mate. I wouldn't mind one of those myself :yes:

• Like 1

First what type of land are you working? My advice would be get a running dog to complement your cocker. When you've been working your cocker and lurcher for a while you'll get a taste for what you want to add to your team next....this may not necessarily be about what's going to put you the most game in your bag, but down to the style of hunting you enjoy most. Saying that you might be quite content with just the 2 dogs and then get another when those two are getting older. If your like me you'll spend every waking hour thinking about all the different combinations of dogs that would suit you best...it's all good fun.

• Like 2

Polkey... Snap. Would love one of those too.. In time though.

I know mate, look and sound the biz and just the sort of thing im looking for. Hopefully an opportunity will present its self and the right thing will pop up at the right time :yes: