First Time At A Shooting Club This Sunday

going to my first shooting club this sunday in no spring chicken to airguns been shooting them on and off for 16 years but its only been in a hunting scenario , whats the general attitude at clubs i know gun safety is a must but do i go in all guns ablazing so to speak or just keep quiet .

another thing should i take a rifle or 2 with me or just observe for the first time .

i shoot springers mainly but if i take one do i take my main shooting rifle ( hw 80 .22 )or do i take my rifle i use for static hunting ( hw77 .22) theirs a chance i might get out on a HFT course so do i take my hw80 .177 .

whats your thoughts guys . my max hunting range is 35 yards but im crap at range estimation and use a range finder which is a no no on a HFT course

HELP

Hello All,

I would take my rifle with you. If you get a chance to do some HFT course this will help you to range find distances practice makes perfect . Clubs are a good to join if you need help in getting a firearm to put on your F..A.C . Safe handling is a must if some thing goes wrong with your rifle keep barrel pointed down range . Have fun at the club you will make new friends and may get some new permission to shoot on land. When I joined a club in Northern Ireland I made new friends very quick and got to meet some nice land owners which I got some new land to shoot on. Please let us know who you got on would love to hear. Have a brilliant Sunday shooting and be safe. Safe shooting.

hi buddy

take both spring rifles,your .22 for the plinking range.and your .177 for the HFT :thumbs:

club members are like Marmite ,you either love em or hate em! :laugh:

be your self and be polite,the good thing about air rifle clubs is there is a wealth of knowledge there,perhaps as the old saying goes :hmm:

the opposite " you can teach an old dog new tricks" :laugh:

but please giggle to your self,when they guy turns up with a all singing dancing £?????? rifle and says that's a tight group :boogy::boogy::laugh:

Just be yourself, if you don't like someone ignore them

and

when the posh twat who has all the gear and no idea starts crying that your hw's springer are outshooting his overprice gaystates laugh in his face :toast:

and don't shoot nobody :laugh::thumbs:

just enjoy yourself mate. that's what your there for. hft was a real eye opener for me the first time, in regards to pellet trajectory. especially with elevated shots.

and the 8-12 yarders.. never shot anything so close to my feet before! :laugh:

has a great morning out but their springer class is a mixed class both .177 and .22 . out of the 30+ folk on the course only one springer + mine bit sad realy .looks like i will be getting my hw80 setup for hft .

was one styre rifle looked like it was from startreck , i was killing my self laughing when he was constantly getting the piss taken out of his gun and himself but a elderly woman with a aas400 the guys rig must have cost £3000 + hers was £370 second hand and boy did he get schooled lol

• Like 2