wanted live bird trap

What sort of trap, larsen type cage trap or the sprung clap trap type with a net, if it is the latter i may be able to help as i am about to start advertising my one on here, please note, this is not a collectors piece, it is a modern well made bought one with bait plate.

Regards MT.

What sort of trap, larsen type cage trap or the sprung clap trap type with a net, if it is the latter i may be able to help as i am about to start advertising my one on here, please note, this is not a collectors piece, it is a modern well made bought one with bait plate.

Regards MT.

I just got a spring clap trap today for my own trap collection but it was not the old type I was hoping for, it was a modern powder coated copy :thumbdown:

I'd be interested to see what yours looks like MT, PM me if you want with a pic and a price

OTC

Guest Ditch_Shitter
i am about to start advertising my one on here, please note, this is not a collectors piece, it is a modern well made bought one with bait plate.

Regards MT.

a modern powder coated copy :thumbdown:

Slap 'em up, lads! Let's have a look, please ~ just out of curiosity.

I have an original and authentic GILPA " Hoodie " trap here. Fresh net provided by our own 'Ricky NPP'. I consider it a User nowadays. I wouldn't mind a couple more of the type. Nothing wrong with powder coating, is there?

Come on; Show us yours and, if ye like, I'll show ye mine. Mine's older, of course, but it still works! :laugh:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:good: Cheers, MT! And now I've seen that one, I honestly wonder if it's worth my fetching my own one out and shooting it mate! They're basicly identical!

OTC; What on earth's ye problem with that, mate? Looks fine to me. Powder coating? I bettcha if they had powder coating available back then they'd have used it on the originals too ;)

Like I just said to ye in PM; I'd sooner Two, useable, any old traps of this sort. Rather than the one which I'm scared to death some poxy cow might step on and wreck for me. But those modern ones are So bloody expensive anyway ....! No win situation :(

OTC; What on earth's ye problem with that, mate? Looks fine to me. Powder coating?

It just looks so clinical and new and not in keeping with my collection Ditch, I am sure as a trap to use it would be fine, but in a collection of ancient antiques then it just doesn't go. A bit like a row of Model T Fords with a Ford Fiesta parked in the middle.

OTC

Guest Ditch_Shitter

And again, as just touched on in PM; How do ye think the Fuller 'Garden Trap' looked, amongst a load of Gin Traps, once upon a time, mate? ;)

The most expensive / least 'desirable' traps of today will become the Most valuable and violently Desirable traps of twenty years time ~ once everyone realises they're not available any more and that they've dipped out.

I can clearly remember when Lloyd Traps were openly advertised for seven and six! Outrageous load of money, in those days, for one trap! Same as the Fuller. And Now look! :yes: