Minkenry Is Spreading!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about this. Since this is a pointless argument, how about we both agree that both animals are amazing hunters. Terriers are far more fearless, tough, and game than any mink alive, and mink are far

now thats the best post you have ever put up!......... temporary armistice called

Only young timid mink have any trouble with rock squirrels, but yes, I get your point. I have no idea what a big male mink is capable of. I know a little 1.6 lb female can kill a full grown feral cat

Only young timid mink have any trouble with rock squirrels, but yes, I get your point. I have no idea what a big male mink is capable of. I know a little 1.6 lb female can kill a full grown feral cat with out so much as a scratch, and I know that mink in the wild kill muskrats that double, and even triple their body weight. But I have no idea if a big male ranch mink can handle a nutria. We'll just have to wait and see. Terriers may have trouble dispatching a nutria,but I would be surprised if the five pound male mink I sold to hunt nutria couldn't dispatch a 10-12 lb terrier. I know I've heard plenty of stories of ranch mink killing small dogs, and this mink is huge and SUPER aggressive. He's literally TWICE the size of the largest male wild mink you would ever find in nature!

if i was you i would be bracing myself for some shit from that comment! i know a few lads on hear myself included would love to take you up on that challange

I of course will never know unless I tried, and I have no desire to try that as ether outcome would make me sad. I like tough little terriers! They are cool little dogs, and as I'm sure you know I love mink. So for me the "test" would be a loose loose.

I've hunted with several different dogs, terriers included, though I wouldn't ever call myself an expert in that area, but I'm not a total novice ether.

I've seen the size difference between average ranch mink and wild mink, and they don't even come close. Let alone when you're talking an OUT OF THIS WORLD large and aggressive ranch mink! I may not know the outcome of a 10lb terrier and a giant mink, but I would confidently say that my big male would kill a wild male faster than your terriers could!

while i dont want to pick a gripe .....or make terriers seem super men...and indeed mine aint..... but i VERY VERY much doubt a mink of any kind and size could rattle the life out of a mink faster than a experienced terrier! and ime sure 90% of the forum would back me up on this....

p.s i love the idear of hunting with mink, have you tryed it with stoats? (ermin/weasles?)

I have only tried mink up to this point, but there is a guy from the UK who is trying my methods with a weasel he caught. We'll have to wait and see how it goes.

As far as who kills faster, the mink doesn't need to shake, they just crush the heads of their smaller victims. I've seen prey animals smaller than the mink die so fast they don't even bleed!

Well lets see what the terrier boys now think i cant wait to see the replies :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'd love to have a chat with them. They can't be any worse than some of you guys lol ;)

worse? worse! hahaha have you met them irish digging boys :icon_eek: or bobbyblackheart the craic is savage!

Is this mink bigger than a large dog fox???????

In your use of the mink it is the predator but my thoughts are against a terrior the tables would be turned and the mink would now be the prey for the first time?

So it would surely be new ground for the mink. A defensive attack is different to a predator attack. And theres not a lot that can defend against a good terrior. The size certainly wouldnt bother one and i dont think it would stop to ask how aggressive it was before the games commenced!

Well lets see what the terrier boys now think i cant wait to see the replies :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'd love to have a chat with them. They can't be any worse than some of you guys lol ;)

You haven't met a terrier man they are more game than the terrier haha

I have met some terrier men, and they are men after my own heart. I'd love to chat with them! I'm on the game side myself...

This is what your thumb looks like after you reach into a hole to help your mink who is fighting a muskrat, and you grab the muskrat by the head and pull him out!

IMGP1370_zps1dbd62f9.jpg

IMGP1381_zps8a2fd921.jpg

This is the kind chompers a muskrat has! Squirrels and wussy little brown rats don't even come close!

IMGP1377_zpsff3ade64.jpg

And realize this is actually a really small muskrat! My mink have killed muskrats that MORE THAN DOUBLE this one in size!

391798_10151213567721612_927577136_n_zps

396386_10151005139346612_548201330_n_zps

Here's a video of me catching a muskrat bare handed after it was flushed. It looks like I just grabbed it by the tail, but watch it in slow motion and you can see I actually grabbed it by the butt, then pulled it off the ground, loosened my grip, and let my hand slide up the tail. I do this kind of crap WAY TOO OFTEN LOL

Is this mink bigger than a large dog fox???????

Here's the mink in question...

1amon_zps3289857b.jpg

thiers not doubt its a impressive critter and it maybe could kill a handbag dog if it set about it...but a proper terrier?

no

Yeah we'll never know, and I honestly don't care to know. I would hate to see the fight, regardless of the results, as I have a lot of respect for both creatures. Terriers are marvelous, tough little dogs, and they have my love and respect, and there's no need to talk about how much I love mink, as you all know that! :)