First Propper Outing With Hw97.

After been out of aigun shooting for many years, I got a HW97 and managed to gain a permission at a local rugby club. Anyway I went for the first time last night and bagged 2.
I have been out keeping an eye on them for a while, so I know where the hot spots are and last night the wind was in my favour. I set off to one of the areas were they hang out and spotted 4 munching away (they have obviously not been lamped before, as they didn't bother with the white light I used to locate them), I stalked in using some big tractor types at the side of the pitch as cover and got about 30meters away and took the closest one. Happy!! Although it made a crack as the pellet hit its scull, one of its mates just sat chilling non the wiser. I Reloaded and raised the gun again, but just as I was about to take my second shot something spooked it and off it darted in to the bushes. Quite pleased with myself, I then went to the second area and as I turned the corner using the red lamp on top my gun, I spotted another rabbit sat up looking at me. I had to slowly mover around the corner to get in to position, then wack second rabbit (this time only about 15meters away). I continued to look round and had 2 other stalks, but by then the moon had come out and it was quite light which made it difficult get close in the more open areas of the ground. I have rabbit stew cooked for my T tonight and can't wait to have another go!
Thanks for reading Al

Edited by Alan Holmes
  • Like 2

well done mate and nice shooting ... i also sold my pcp ( s410 carbine ) couldent get used to there not being that crack and bit of a kick .... gone back to the springer too ... aa tx200hc ..... allways used springers since i was a kid .... just used to it i suppose :thumbs:

lovely rifle mate I highly rate the hw97 had 4 over the years, and would have another anyday!

well done on the bunnys and enjoy your stew

I know what you mean about blunt knives, when im gutting rabbits with my knife its more like im trying to pleasure it with a dildo, that's how blunt they are! :laugh: just not that good at knife sharpening lol

lovely rifle mate I highly rate the hw97 had 4 over the years, and would have another anyday!

well done on the bunnys and enjoy your stew

I know what you mean about blunt knives, when im gutting rabbits with my knife its more like im trying to pleasure it with a dildo, that's how blunt they are! :laugh: just not that good at knife sharpening lol

Haha thanks skot, I think if it was sharp i would have chopped my fingers to bits!

I love my HW im really pleased with it, although I intend to get it tuned and a sling on it to carry around.