Heat Lamp

I've used a number of different ones over the years,,in particular the cheapest ones these company's sell,,, usually the red 250 wat, ones,,, trouble is they seem to only last a few months then blow,,, resulting in me not being able to get the bulb out the screw in bit,,without totally f***ing the hole unit up..

Last year i spent a bit more , and bought a top of the range unit,, professional jobby,, and used a ceramic bulb,,, and I still have it,, working fine,, as they say buy cheap buy twice,,,or 3 or 4 times in my case.

• Like 1

I've used a number of different ones over the years,,in particular the cheapest ones these company's sell,,, usually the red 250 wat, ones,,, trouble is they seem to only last a few months then blow,,, resulting in me not being able to get the bulb out the screw in bit,,without totally f*****g the hole unit up..

Last year i spent a bit more , and bought a top of the range unit,, professional jobby,, and used a ceramic bulb,,, and I still have it,, working fine,, as they say buy cheap buy twice,,,or 3 or 4 times in my case.

did the same, i was paying more for bulbs than electric, ceramic dull emitter is the way to go

Just put my dogs in kennels for first time due to moving in with my GF,they've always been kept in but 7 in the house with hers is to much but since the temp has dropped they started whinging early doors to the neighbours annoyance but since fitting low powered lamps (175w) not a peep and stretched out nicely in the beds.

She got ours from amazon but got raped on postage £17!!!!! eBay seems cheaper with spare bulb as well, I think the amazon ones where from the poultry place.

I've used a number of different ones over the years,,in particular the cheapest ones these company's sell,,, usually the red 250 wat, ones,,, trouble is they seem to only last a few months then blow,,, resulting in me not being able to get the bulb out the screw in bit,,without totally f*****g the hole unit up..

any chance of a pic tomo when you get a minute, like to see one before i get 1. cheers sp