Night Vision

with night vision you generally get what you pay for and dont forget the nightvision bit is only half the story a good source of ir light or laser is also required, don't think you can go into a dark field turn on your lidl monocle and the whole field is visible :laugh: it does not happen :laugh::laugh: good night vision is gen2+ and upwards

alot are using the lidl nv with a good ir for spotting with good results i use a bresser and with the in built ir you can see 60 yards or so with an extra ir i got from the nv forum i can see 400 yards

so without pissing about focussing every other second you are telling me with a lidl monocular gen1 you can walk into a field and see clearly what's in there within a 60 yrd radius with no added ir illumination :hmm:the ones i saw was a didgi not a gen 1 paul my didgi picks up on all avalable light so on light nights you probably could but you will have to focus yes

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to know how you get these night vision and thermol image gadgets,,, to stay on the dogs head......

" What happened to good old fashioned field craft? "   people probably asked the same question when folk 1st started lamping

What happened to go old fashioned field craft? I'll bet the fishing boats loved when sonar etc came about, no more fishing about all day looking for fish, just go out, ping, scoop them up. Look where

Posted Images

better :yes:

look through a gen1 monocle then look in the same field with a kite or other quality kit and you will see one is night vision and one is kiddies toys

I use gen 1 binocular with ir filter on my lamp its very clear and works well for me its anything but a kiddies toy.

What do you use?

i no longer bother with them when out with the dogs. when your at the stage of putting a ir filter on your 170. i took the view i might as well just use the lamp and red filter. they are very good for sitting in a high seat watching a baited area for lamp shy late season foxes. gen1 monoculars are included in the spy kids christmas pack :laugh::laugh: this stuff was designed for urban warfare, hence the small inbuilt ir illuminator it relies on the light being bounced off walls etc.

it is good for ratting around farm buildings and on bright moonlight nights but take it on a moonless night into a 100 acre field and see its limitation without adding a large lamp and ir filter or some other form of illumination. fieldcraft and knowing the ground is likely to give you far more of an edge than a gen 1 monocular.

Anyone with a nv unit can spot that ir your casting from miles away and there aint many keepers without these days

now you have spilled the beans :laugh::laugh:

lol folks would have to be a proper divvy not to have realised it though unless they really thought that night vision makes them invisible lol

look through a gen1 monocle then look in the same field with a kite or other quality kit and you will see one is night vision and one is kiddies toys

I use gen 1 binocular with ir filter on my lamp its very clear and works well for me its anything but a kiddies toy.

What do you use?

i no longer bother with them when out with the dogs. when your at the stage of putting a ir filter on your 170. i took the view i might as well just use the lamp and red filter. they are very good for sitting in a high seat watching a baited area for lamp shy late season foxes. gen1 monoculars are included in the spy kids christmas pack :laugh::laugh:

Decent Gen 1 has it's limitations but is in no way a kids toy and can be used to good effect. You should also have a look through the Bresser digital stuff before you dismiss it.

Anyone with a nv unit can spot that ir your casting from miles away and there aint many keepers without these days

lol folks would have to be a proper divvy not to have realised it though unless they really thought that night vision makes them invisible lol

:laugh::laugh:

post-896-0-27462800-1383723303.jpg

What do you use?

i no longer bother with them when out with the dogs. when your at the stage of putting a ir filter on your 170. i took the view i might as well just use the lamp and red filter. they are very good for sitting in a high seat watching a baited area for lamp shy late season foxes. gen1 monoculars are included in the spy kids christmas pack :laugh::laugh:

Decent Gen 1 has it's limitations but is in no way a kids toy and can be used to good effect. You should also have a look through the Bresser digital stuff before you dismiss it.

gen1 :laugh:

post-896-0-74253200-1383723519.jpg

Uh-oh. You mean it doesn't? :hmm:

• Like 1

rat2.jpg

Gen 2 Used for rats and foxes around my chicken shed.

chritmas04037.jpg

Gen 1, with this Shamal, running at 18 ft lbs, I regularly took bunnies out to 50 yards using this scope. You could easily detect eyeshine at 100 yards and rabbits at 80 yards.

:laugh: @ Paulus, stick to being inspector clouseau being a clown suites you better :yes:

please tell me how this stuff will benefit anyone with lurchers, as already stated to be used in dark open fields they require a large amount of ir light that can be seen from miles away with another nv unit, a normal lamp and filter will do the same job with less to carry and less to go wrong :hmm:

:laugh:

:laugh: @ Paulus, stick to being inspector clouseau being a clown suites you better :yes:

please tell me how this stuff will benefit anyone with lurchers, as already stated to be used in dark open fields they require a large amount of ir light that can be seen from miles away with another nv unit, a normal lamp and filter will do the same job with less to carry and less to go wrong :hmm:

inspector clouseau nobody could possibly tell you nothing :laugh::laugh::laugh:

But a lamp can be seen from miles away by anyone with a naked eye, far further than any NV unit.