Daystate Huntsman Regal Stiff Bolt

I returned my Regal with a stiff bolt,under-power performance and the barrel sleeve rotating loose whenever I screwed on/off my Silencer. Nigel at Wighill Park Guns, Tadcaster, where I bought it from put Daystate in touch with me and we dealt with them directly. They told me it would be down to me to pay for courier costs if nothing wrong was found. I was so confident of my case I arranged their courier pick up and off it went.

The rifle has come back with all repairs under warranty!

I'm delighted with their customer service to be honest, and how well the rifle now shoots, the barrel doesn't move and the bolt is fine...Now!

Just about everyone with a regal I've come across has a complaint about lack of power and the bolt too stiff. Who the bloody hell is passing these rifles out as tested and satisfactory??

These guns are so easy to work on ,for about £6 you can buy a set of nut screw drivers from maplins ,to take out the anti-tamp screws http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/rolson-6-part-precision-nut-spinner-set-n57fx

• Like 1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I returned my Regal with a stiff bolt,under-power performance and the barrel sleeve rotating loose whenever I screwed on/off my Silencer. Nigel at Wighill Park Guns, Tadcaster, where I bought it from

Daystate are over rated and over priced ,I will not be buying anther one, just paid £51 for a mag ,what a rip off

Thanks Simon. Had two replies today from a nice Rebecca via e mail. They aim to have the rifle fixed and back with the RFD by the middle of next week. Once asked it seems folk can be prompted to resp

Well, I am hoping they sort this out quickly and to my satisfaction. I recently had the same with a BSA Ultra, power fluctuations. BSA replaced the rifle promptly, but only after trading standards were mentioned. I have read Daystate are good with customers, at those prices they should be.

The lack of quality control and testing really needs addressing. My RFD even mentioned that many so called top notch German HW100's are going back too.

I question the quality control, no product costing these prices should leave without testing. That said, I will wait to see what Daystate service is like before commenting further.

• Like 1

Daystate charged me £16.30 because a pellet got in the hammer system , I told them its not my fault its a design fault but still had to pay , they told the RFD because I shot on a elevation the pellet had fallen out of the mag and in to the hammer . All Daystates are over rated and over priced ,that's not just me saying that but RFD who manly stock Daystates

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on Daystate and the returned Regal. RFD has not heard from them, I just spoke to him. I e mailed on 5th July to their e mail address, no reply. I have just sent one of their online query forms on their website.

I refuse to chase by telephone. I have not got the time. Lets see if they respond this week.

So far, their customer care rating with me is on a par with BSA. Now that is getting bad.

Thanks Simon. Had two replies today from a nice Rebecca via e mail. They aim to have the rifle fixed and back with the RFD by the middle of next week.

Once asked it seems folk can be prompted to respond.

I had explained the rifle is used for business not pleasure, whether that made a difference or not? I also stated, nicely, that I was peeved about communication and the rifle itself, and I would need a prompt refund for a replacement.

The issues do not go away for me though. Central being quality control. I am selling my sub 12 rifles and only keeping a faultless older S410 for yard work, the Daystate will need to prove itself if it is to be a keeper.

Frankly it seems no one gives a flying .... once they have hold of your cash in the air rifle scene.

A total return to .17 and .22 for me now.

Funny, all my years of shooting and never one fault with a Ruger, Steyr or CZ. Customer service seems to have gone out of the window with so much....buy British? Mmm.

• Like 2

Thanks Simon. Had two replies today from a nice Rebecca via e mail. They aim to have the rifle fixed and back with the RFD by the middle of next week.

Once asked it seems folk can be prompted to respond.

I had explained the rifle is used for business not pleasure, whether that made a difference or not? I also stated, nicely, that I was peeved about communication and the rifle itself, and I would need a prompt refund for a replacement.

The issues do not go away for me though. Central being quality control. I am selling my sub 12 rifles and only keeping a faultless older S410 for yard work, the Daystate will need to prove itself if it is to be a keeper.

Frankly it seems no one gives a flying .... once they have hold of your cash in the air rifle scene.

A total return to .17 and .22 for me now.

Funny, all my years of shooting and never one fault with a Ruger, Steyr or CZ. Customer service seems to have gone out of the window with so much....buy British? Mmm.

Had my money back on mine ,what a pile of crap that gun was , shame nice looking gun .

The Regal has become the new r10 for all the problems with it !!

• Like 1

Great gun, handles beautifully and is very accurate, but the stiff bolt is a known issue. It can be fixed, but from what I hear from my RFD, most of them have to be repaired.

I took mine back and swapped it for a HW100. No complaints from me.

One of my shooting buddies also bought a Huntsman and loves it!

Get the bolt swapped and you'll be back in love.

• Like 1

I hope so Tim, RFDs seem at fault too here. The more you dig the more sob stories surface. I cannot help being a cynic at my age, you are right but the question is still why? If dealers know they are faulty why sell?

The RFD where I bought this stated yesterday he would not be surprised if they recall most Regals. Do not see that happening myself, they will try to weather it with PR. Or like BSA the tortoise, tuck your head in your shell, pay off a few reviewers to say its nice and carry on regardless.

Heres a challenge Shooting Press, have rifles reviewed by real shooters. Do long term tests on every make over time, what? Would not sell copy?

Or do we need a nanny state Office of Gun Standards? "Ofgun".

Sorry, I just spilled my tea on the keyboard. I crack myself up somedays.

• Like 2

Shooting press are full of rubbish. I cancelled my subscription to all magazines and dont read them anymore as every review is positive and tells you how its the best gun in the world and how they shot 10 pellets through a single hole at 300 yards with the new SMK Springer.

Load of old tripe. These guys get paid by advertising and enjoy lots of corporate shooting days paid for by manufacturers. Free Press is an oxymoron. It aint free, its paid for and so are the reviews.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Daystate charged me £16.30 because a pellet got in the hammer system , I told them its not my fault its a design fault but still had to pay , they told the RFD because I shot on a elevation the pellet had fallen out of the mag and in to the hammer . All Daystates are over rated and over priced ,that's not just me saying that but RFD who manly stock Daystates

I wouldn't have paid. I'd have brought Trading Standards into it. The Gun wasn't fit for purpose within the meaning of the sale of goods act if you can't elevate it. What are you supposed to do shoot at targets below your eye level all the time? Never heard anything so ridiculous.

• Like 2

I hope so Tim, RFDs seem at fault too here. The more you dig the more sob stories surface. I cannot help being a cynic at my age, you are right but the question is still why? If dealers know they are faulty why sell?

The RFD where I bought this stated yesterday he would not be surprised if they recall most Regals. Do not see that happening myself, they will try to weather it with PR. Or like BSA the tortoise, tuck your head in your shell, pay off a few reviewers to say its nice and carry on regardless.

Heres a challenge Shooting Press, have rifles reviewed by real shooters. Do long term tests on every make over time, what? Would not sell copy?

I've been banging on about this for years, you never seem to read an honest gun review in the mags, each new rifle is wonderful and worthy of your purchase etc

In my eyes, the magazines exist simply to ensure that the unwary spend as much as possible on kit they simply do not need at prices they can't afford...

• Like 1

Hi John.

I was wondering if you have any good news from Daystate regarding your Regal?

Hope alls well with yours now.

Simon

Hi Simon

I had an e mail last friday from Daystate to say they have dispatched the rifle back to my RFD. So, will wait and see what this week brings!

Thanks for the interest.

Another development, my boy has had one for a few months now, faultless until last week....you guessed, it has developed a stiff bolt. He rang them, they said the obvious, grease it etc. This one has been used for pest control so must have had a few hundred through it at least.

His is going back now.

Seems like we are being fed some s..t!

Regards

John

I've been banging on about this for years, you never seem to read an honest gun review in the mags, each new rifle is wonderful and worthy of your purchase etc

In my eyes, the magazines exist simply to ensure that the unwary spend as much as possible on kit they simply do not need at prices they can't afford...

I totally agree. The only publication that seems to criticise is Shooting Sports, they will also publish letters from folk like us with a complaint. Even so, the usual air rifle reviewers surface in this magazine and sing praises. The main criticisms come in the rim and centre fire sections.

This Regal saga is actually hacking me off. My wife died last week and this was a present from her for my birthday. If it is not right it is a full refund job and an AA Ultimate Sporter, why I didn't go that route in the first place......

• Like 1