Daystate Huntsman Regal Stiff Bolt

Hi guys

i'm calling out the daystate huntsman regal and classic owners here, I have just picked up my huntsman regal after a very slow 12 week wait, first impressions, its the best looking rifle i have ever seen, and shoots pellet on pellet, this gun, in my opinion tops the hw100 on looks, weight and at least matches it on accuracy, (I also have the hw100 and what a gun) It took me a couple of hundred of shots to get used to the mechanism and the magazine, the only thing that is nagging me is the fact that the bolt is incredibly stiff, is the bolt meant to be this stiff and and does it get looser after a couple of tins of pellets? also is there anything i can do to loosen it up?

any info would be great

ATB Jack

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I returned my Regal with a stiff bolt,under-power performance and the barrel sleeve rotating loose whenever I screwed on/off my Silencer. Nigel at Wighill Park Guns, Tadcaster, where I bought it from

Daystate are over rated and over priced ,I will not be buying anther one, just paid £51 for a mag ,what a rip off

Thanks Simon. Had two replies today from a nice Rebecca via e mail. They aim to have the rifle fixed and back with the RFD by the middle of next week. Once asked it seems folk can be prompted to resp

No it should not be stiff ,I had mine for a week or so to see if it would loosen up and to see if the power went up but it didn't, so of it went back to daystate .

Came back 100% better and all so power upped ,running at 11.7 with daystate heavies 10.3gr and 11.35 with daystate sovereigns 8.44 .

Only three days away as well .

Is it just me or do Daystate seem to be going downhill...Rather fast?

All you hear about is problems with their products these days, despite them being brand new...

Like the Daystate Air Ranger I got - without a safety mechanism :hmm:

Edited by KurtH

Ok guys thanks for your opinions and thankyou for the info, I will ring daystate up tomorrow and sort the problem out, considering I have already put a few hundred pellets through it and its only a couple of days old and its not got any looser at all, it is probably the best thing to do, I have just looked at all the daystate regal reviews on you tube and cocking looks effortless and smooth, and i'm not really loosing out if it only takes a couple of days to sort out.

Thanks guys, you have been a great help!!

ATB Jack

Hi guys

So I've phoned up Daystate about my regal and they pretty much told me to wear the gun in, I then told them that I've already put 300 odd pellets through it and the bolt is still extremely stiff, they then basically said to take it to my local gunsmiths and and see what they can do, and if i'm still not happy to send it to them. I was then told that if they find nothing wrong with it I will be charged for shipping. I'm now starting to get worried to even shoot the thing as the amount of pressure that needs to be used to cock the rifle cannot be very good for the internals of the rifle. I am however very very impressed bout everything else of the rifle, accuracy, balance, weight and looks are all a major plus for this rifle.

ATB Jack

Have you put a chronograph over it yet ? Most daystates come out under powered .

Just tell them you have paid £ 750 plus on a gun and its not working like it should and demand it should be looked at by them or a daystate service gun smith .

Best thing to do is take it back to the shop and let them to deal with it .

Edited by villaman

I put 2 tins of pellets through mine and it made no difference to the stiff bolt. I would have thought that 1000 shots would loosen it up if it was going to loosen up.

Get a replacement mate, you paid for a prestige rifle and it's not up to standard.

Chris

Hi guys

So I've phoned up Daystate about my regal and they pretty much told me to wear the gun in, I then told them that I've already put 300 odd pellets through it and the bolt is still extremely stiff, they then basically said to take it to my local gunsmiths and and see what they can do, and if i'm still not happy to send it to them. I was then told that if they find nothing wrong with it I will be charged for shipping. I'm now starting to get worried to even shoot the thing as the amount of pressure that needs to be used to cock the rifle cannot be very good for the internals of the rifle. I am however very very impressed bout everything else of the rifle, accuracy, balance, weight and looks are all a major plus for this rifle.

ATB Jack

Why should you have to take it to your local gunsmiths for them to try and fix - probably at your cost - Cheeky :censored: they are!

Edited by KurtH
  • Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Same here. Bought a Regal last week. Really pleased until after thirty shots bolt stiffened. Sometimes unable to cock. Left overnight, action lubricated, still the same.

Sent back via a very helpful RFD ( Countryside Guns Boston )

My boy has had one for a month and no problems, thats what made me splash out nearly £800. Found this thread and thought I would add my experience.

Not amused, not happy and just a bit peeved that a quality gunmaker can allow this to pass quality control it seems more than once.

Get a grip Daystate.

• Like 2

I returned my Regal with a stiff bolt,under-power performance and the barrel sleeve rotating loose whenever I screwed on/off my Silencer. Nigel at Wighill Park Guns, Tadcaster, where I bought it from put Daystate in touch with me and we dealt with them directly. They told me it would be down to me to pay for courier costs if nothing wrong was found. I was so confident of my case I arranged their courier pick up and off it went.

The rifle has come back with all repairs under warranty!

I'm delighted with their customer service to be honest, and how well the rifle now shoots, the barrel doesn't move and the bolt is fine...Now!

Just about everyone with a regal I've come across has a complaint about lack of power and the bolt too stiff. Who the bloody hell is passing these rifles out as tested and satisfactory??

• Like 3