Freezing Whole Bass

May seem a dumb question but here goes. Has anybody frozen them whole instead of filleted. If so do they keep ok.Reason i ask is i usually fillet them and get a friend to vac pack them for me. Iwant to keep these whole so i can cook them whole. cant vac pack em there too big for his packer.

• Like 1

May seem a dumb question but here goes. Has anybody frozen them whole instead of filleted. If so do they keep ok.Reason i ask is i usually fillet them and get a friend to vac pack them for me. Iwant to keep these whole so i can cook them whole. cant vac pack em there too big for his packer.

Feckin' show off! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers, D

• Like 1

Feckin' show off! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers, D

Its an industrial vac packer as well :tongue2::laugh:

• Like 1

agreed much robbo id rather a flounder than a bass any day.. ... and you cant beat the fight fromn a guilt. .. see ur not that far from me. give me a shout next spring and will try to arrange a fish . :thumbs:

Ok mate that would be good. :thumbs:

I have to say that I love Bass and find the best way to cook is to keep it simple.............cook it in the oven whole, stuffed with a small amount of butter and herbs wrapped in foil :thumbs: Also love Mackerel but they seem to have become very shy around here for the last few years, compared to years gone by :no: ....................someone told me that it was that Hugh chap and his push to eat mackerel and not cod that did the damage....................everyone took his advice, including the fishing fleet :laugh: