Found some nutria earts close to the water. never used my dogs on one. is there somone on this forum working nutria and how are they. do they fight with your terrier, is the den den flooded with water at some points? i only work fox and badger dont know anything about this big rats would be nice to show my dogs some other work. please post your experience and some pics if possible.

Is this what is known as 'Coypu' in England, orange teeth? I thought I saw a couple of them when I drove through France earlier this year....if this is the same, the south east of England had a problem with them in late 70s/80s, I think by the 90s they had all but been wiped out through heavy pest control.

I tried to hunt them with our terriers on the Essex marshes in the late 80s, by then numbers were small in our area, I had no success lol, the closest I got was one of our bitches had hold of one on the Ice in a ditch & couldn't hold it.

But I believe there were guys who had success, I'm sure Frank Buck told me he went down to Norfolk to have a crack at them when they were enemy no1. I seem to remember story's of there teeth splintering & causing infections on some dogs

or did I dream that? Lol

You have to call the locall muskrat catchers and second of all there are allot of bevers coming into your area so if you want to enjoy your dogs a bit longer you better stay away from it

Its also your duty to inform the local muskrat trappers so be warned !!!!!!

Actually kaas on a serious note, do you dig in begium? I know the law differs between regions, I've met one guy, but he only bolts to shooting party's in the Ardennes, not really my thing though.......sorry for hijacking thread jahctterrier

You have to call the locall muskrat catchers and second of all there are allot of bevers coming into your area so if you want to enjoy your dogs a bit longer you better stay away from it

Its also your duty to inform the local muskrat trappers so be warned !!!!!!

i thought evreybody was aloud to shoot catch or kill them like rats because its varmint? i know some beversets here but dont think you will find a beaver in the earts iv seen

i thought evreybody was aloud to shoot catch or kill them like rats because its varmint? i know some beversets here but dont think you will find a beaver in the earts iv seen

Under wish rock did you lived the last 20 years lol but dont take any risk , the beaver populaion in growing faster by day and you have a safer quarry walking around , a hunt i do near you have seen martherhundes,

Under wish rock did you lived the last 20 years lol but dont take any risk , the beaver populaion in growing faster by day and you have a safer quarry walking around , a hunt i do near you have seen martherhundes,

where are you hunting near me?. i dont want to catch the beavers mate but if its already illegal to catch the big rats i let them.