Tyre Presure

I had a couple of a/t's put on the front as the previous owner had road tyres on and the guy at the tyre place reckoned the tyres should be 35psi. He couldn't believe that I wanted 23psi in them but I showed him the plate giving the tyre info. Think I might have to put the rear to 26psi as the back of the truck is full of mole traps now ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

first thing, drop the pressure by 10psi, if your running empty that's over for the fronts, I`ll have a look at autodata tomoz in work and repost

thanks neil, L200 is what there on and 0n the vin plate it sade 29psi all round for 205/80/16, as i have changed the size to 35/70/16, mud tyre which is slightly bigger, and i cary a tool box and dog box in the back ect, I have the front at, 29psi, and rear at 34psi ????? :hmm:

first thing, drop the pressure by 10psi, if your running empty that's over for the fronts, I`ll have a look at autodata tomoz in work and repost

thanks neil, L200 is what there on and 0n the vin plate it sade 29psi all round for 205/80/16, as i have changed the size to 35/70/16, mud tyre which is slightly bigger, and i cary a tool box and dog box in the back ect, I have the front at, 29psi, and rear at 34psi ????? :hmm:

get yourself a tread depth gauge and keep an eye on the wear pattern on the rears, they may wipe out the centre of the tread fast, when you change tyre sizes the wear rate/tyre pressures may not be anything like what the manufacturer states

• 1 month later...