I've had live catch traps, from both Killgerm, and SX Environmental. They're as good as I can find, although I'm sure there are posters, here, who might be able to recommend others.

Whichever brand you go with, buy a few packets of cable ties. When you drop them (you will!) they can break on the metal connections and the cable ties can be used to keep you operating. Applies doubly if you buy a job lot secondhand!

Just so I can see it in print, I'm not having a pop, but make sure the live catch traps are checked at least once every 24hrs to remain legal.

Personally I prefer Kanias but they're very pricey.

havent got any husked peanuts at the mo, so i stuck a few of last years hazelnuts and shelled almonds out of the christmas nut bowl lol. i'll try and get some husked peanuts tho, thanks for the info

• Like 1

havent got any husked peanuts at the mo, so i stuck a few of last years hazelnuts and shelled almonds out of the christmas nut bowl lol. i'll try and get some husked peanuts tho, thanks for the info

Give it a whirl, it can't do any harm. Anything nutty is along the right lines! :thumbs:

If you are trapping where there is a population of reds please use live catch.

Good point but I thought it was kind of a given on a cage trap thread! ;)

• Like 1

If you are trapping where there is a population of reds please use live catch.

mate, theres no reds around these parts that i have seen, i do however use live catch traps, and my trusty .22 rimfire has accounted for a dozen or so out of the bedroom window ( i live out in the sticks just to clarify the bedroom window aspect lol). I hate the sight of the b*****d things, they are on top of my vermin list. I also gather its illegal to release a grey squirrell alive out of a cage trap ??????........................................ theres no f***ing chance of that happening around here !

• Like 1