Sign in to follow this  
themightybuck

Game/bird Puller?

I was going to go into bushwear at the weekend and buy the usual branded tub of bird puller with the cartoon pheasant on it, but then I wondered if there was a cheaper alternative? Does any one know we're I could get my hands on any? Or any advice on using it? I heard one guy say it works wonders on ducks?

I dont beleave in any of them. Feed your birds regular times. Keep your feed rides in good condition Keep at the vermin dog in. Do your job

• Like 3

Barley not wheat for ducks.

Aniseed oil does work, feed half your ride with & half with out, for a week, & see for yourself. But as has been said it ain't a mirical cure for lazy keeper syndrome..

• Like 2

We dog in daily, and are up scratch with all vermin control, and are feeders and rides are always full, but if this keep stuff helps at leak points then it great! Not lazy as its a private shoot so all the hard work is for my own benefit!

Lose your bins , buy a bucket & hand feed.. It will work better than any additive .

• Like 1

Lose your bins , buy a bucket & hand feed.. It will work better than any additive .

. Post mans sack And whistle lol Edited by gonetoearth

Every bin you have out will reduce the effectiveness of hand feeding & it's ability to hold your birds.

• Like 2

Hand feeding won't work if the birds have Access to hoppers, you want to cut them back and sharpen them up, then you know exactly how much they're eating and you'll have better control over your birds!

Can somebody explain to my why hand feeding wont work in conjunction with hoppers, because that's counter to my experience, allbeit I'm no professional keeper like many of you.

We feed wheat only in the hoppers and hand feed a seed/wheat/split maize etc etc mix and the difference between hoppers only and hopper/hand feeding conbined is quite significant....

Can somebody explain to my why hand feeding wont work in conjunction with hoppers, because that's counter to my experience, allbeit I'm no professional keeper like many of you.

We feed wheat only in the hoppers and hand feed a seed/wheat/split maize etc etc mix and the difference between hoppers only and hopper/hand feeding conbined is quite significant....

All shoots a different IMO mate. If you have an estate with an abundance of wild food then hand feeding may not work as well on an estate where birds have to rely on you for feed. Also it can come down to numbers of birds released. If you have a small shoot then again competition for food would be less on say a commercial shoot with thousands of birds released.

Bottom line is if your going to hand feed then you need to commit to feeding times 7 days a week and you kind of set your shoot up for the same drives and the same times all season.

I preferred to hand feed certain areas as well as hopper feed. Just make sure that water never runs out.

Vermin control and dogging in is more important than your choice of how you feed.

• Like 2