Fence Preservative ....?

Okay. Straight to the chase: I have twenty foot of fencing and posts I want to preserve / make black.

I intended to use Ronseal Fencelife (Black). I've even just made a trough for the wood to bath in, soaking in the stuff.

Then I thought to compare prices. Fencelife is about a fiver. Creosote Substitute is thirty quid plus.

But, people are saying that Fencelife is really little more than watery wood stain. I can go with that. I've used it on nest boxes. It doesn't hold colour for ever.

Is creosote sub worth all that extra? Should I lay my wood in a bath of the stuff? Or might soaking it in FL actually do it some good?

Thanks.

50 quid for 25ltrs of creosote here it is coal based now tho, but still creosote, im on me 3rd drum now i wub the stuff and rate it above all else, you do get what you pay for imo.... oh aye i needed a tradesman to get it as it aint on sale to public here...

50 quid for 25ltrs of creosote here it is coal based now tho, but still creosote, im on me 3rd drum now i wub the stuff and rate it above all else, you do get what you pay for imo.... oh aye i needed a tradesman to get it as it aint on sale to public here...

It is bud, I got a tub not to long ago, coal tar creosote, £45 for 25ltrs delivered. I just typed it into google, creosotesales.

mixin it with oil deffo works, but it takes months to dry and with a couple of young feral kids here wasnt an option for me lol

its the oil that slows the drying process --you can speed it up by adding a paint drying solution to the oil first before you mix the lot ..