Decoying Grassland??

Got a permission where it's all Grass pasture. About 100 acres of grassland where the farmer runs some cows. It is surrounded by woodland and has the odd stubble field on the neighbouring farm but I do not have permission on there. I always see good pigeon numbers flying over the land but they mostly stick to the stubble fields.

Do you think it's worth a shot decoying on my

Grassland as close as I can get to these stubble fields? The grass is only short and I only have a dozen or so shell decoys. Will the pigeons come in for a look or is it only really worth doing on arable fields? Thanks for any help given. Kieren.

Give it a go on one of mine the pigeons fight over a stand of trees over a grass field to get to a field of rape next door a few always come into the decoys but this years been really bad , the guys next door only appear when the rapes been cut and i never see them again maybe this helps as its usually quiet

I decoy mostly over grass land usually for crows

But I always put a cluster of 4 pigeons off to one side and usually get a few.

I peg down empty packets of crisps chippy paper and some polystyrene food containers some times with my crow decoys if the land is not to far from a town and it works a treat they commit more when I do this but when more out of the road directions they wont come in very good when I put rubbish out.

• 3 weeks later...