Pb Squirrel Haul

smashed my squirrel pb today! :boogy: 4 squirrels! that probably doesn't sound a lot but to me that's a huge bag considering my previous best is 1 in 1 session haha! and the fact that the most ive seen in one day is 2 in the last 2 years! the 1st squirrel I got was when I was on my way to the squirrel feeder and I suddenly saw a squirrel running along a branch with an acorn in its mouth. it stopped and had a staring contest with me and lost as the air arms s300 sent it to sleep. so one in the bag I went to the feeder. upon arrival I scared a squirrel away from feeder but I new it would be back so I got in my hide and waited. as I was waiting I saw a squirrel in the distance. and then I saw it was being followed by another! by this time I was getting exited and then I saw two more! at least one of them had to come to the feeder and one did. I let it have one last sunflower seed before lights out and the air arms did the job. so 2 down and I decided to go for a gander for some more. and sure enough I saw two more feeding on some of the thousands of acorns that are around at the moment. after a bit of cat and mouse I had a chance and took it. squirrel number 3. as I was retrieving number 3 I looked up and another squirrel was staring at me. barely 15 yards away. I couldn't believe my look and took that out as well. so 4 shots took and 4 squirrels down. not a bad few hours out at all. and all male squirrels as well as the picture shows :laugh:

Photo0033_zpscbf35467.jpg

Photo0030_zps8d194f6a.jpg

• Like 4

That will live long in the memory! great sport squirrel shooting.

If you have a feeder up, get there before first light, get settled in and STAY PUT. Don't go and collect the fallen, leave them - other squirrels will come and look over the dead ones - barking at them, which in turn calls more in.

That will live long in the memory! great sport squirrel shooting.

If you have a feeder up, get there before first light, get settled in and STAY PUT. Don't go and collect the fallen, leave them - other squirrels will come and look over the dead ones - barking at them, which in turn calls more in.

aye 1st light and the last light without fail there's always squirrels visiting the feeder :thumbs: