Fox Pre Ban

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a lot will tackle a 180lb stag either, baying or grabbing them once their on floor after been pushed then hitting a fence aren't tackling them too me with a fox or stag you cant put into a dog

suppose when its about 18 months old -2 years old , by then it should have matured i n the head, but some dogs can be later to tackle teeth. Its just down to temp, seen some dogs want fight any other

Personally I think its either in the dog or it aint .All you can do is make sure its mentally old enough to introduce it to teeth .Enter it too young and you may ruin the dog.One more thing to add is

The lad asked how to enter WITHOUT an experienced dog. Theres nothing wrong with entering a young dog on august cubs-you can get them close enough to distinguish from wily old dog fox. Its all about early victories for a youngster to build confidence for the tougher ones. A dog entered gradually will have more chance of making the grade than throwing in at the deep end-that goes for any quarry.

• Like 1

The lad asked how to enter WITHOUT an experienced dog. Theres nothing wrong with entering a young dog on august cubs-you can get them close enough to distinguish from wily old dog fox. Its all about early victories for a youngster to build confidence for the tougher ones. A dog entered gradually will have more chance of making the grade than throwing in at the deep end-that goes for any quarry.

START THEM ON BIG CUBS,AT THE START OF THE SEASON....SIMPLES... :thumbs:

big cubs.???..........ive always identified cubs as being smaller than adults.............the only advantage of running this years foxes is that there green and would be easier to take with gun and of coarse a dog in certain countries,.............but there is no sport for a dog taking young cubs,...........there will always be accidents ,..........but too purposely take cubs for bringing a young dog on is imo the wrong way,..............sooner or later a dog will get a bad bite ,.............. start at the right age (depending on the breed of dog and your own knowledge) and start off with another that been proven,.............exactly same scenario with terriers ,..........people find litter and put there young dog in and kills them all ,...........whats the point......? at some point the dog is going to take stick and its up too the owner to decide whever its mentally and physically ready..........if cubs got too be rid of for protection of game birds then yes ,.......start a young dog off or use a soft dog ,...........hunting is about respect ,..........and when your dog is ready , let it have a go next too a proven one ,................cubs wont make or prove a dog imo,.............as for big cubs , they will be treated the same as the adults at a distance in the beam of a lamp,.............theres no such thing,......until the kill when you can see its this years or not,...........as unless your very close you would be struggling to identify this years fox or an older one,..........

AYE BIG CUBS.....CUBS THAT ARE BIGGER THAN WEE CUBS....OUT AND ABOUT ON TOP OF THE GROUND,OF COURSE THEY ARE SMALLER THAN ADULTS..... :laugh:,AND AS FOR ITS NOT SPORTING,SHOW QUARRY RESPECT N ALL THAT SHITE......IT GIVES THE DOG IN QUESTION MORE CONFIDENCE.... :yes:...,BEEN THERE DONE IT,I AINT THE ONE ASKING FOR ADVICE HERE MATE,I KNOW HOW TO ENTER DOGS FCUKSAKE... :laugh:,AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TELL THIS YEARS APART AT THE START OF THE SEASON,WHEN YOU SQUEAL THEM IN AND THEY RUN TOWARDS YOU....(STUPID AS FCUK),.....I DID NOT WANT TO WRITE A BIG STORY,SEEN AS ITS A THING OF THE PAST HERE... ;)....EACH TO THEIR OWN N ALL THAT.....I DO ALRIGHT,MY DOGS DO ALRIGHT....DONT REALLY GIVE A SHIT WHAT ANYONE ELSE DOES... :laugh:....ATB LADS... :thumbs:

• Like 2

START THEM ON BIG CUBS,AT THE START OF THE SEASON....SIMPLES... :thumbs:

big cubs.???..........ive always identified cubs as being smaller than adults.............the only advantage of running this years foxes is that there green and would be easier to take with gun and of coarse a dog in certain countries,.............but there is no sport for a dog taking young cubs,...........there will always be accidents ,..........but too purposely take cubs for bringing a young dog on is imo the wrong way,..............sooner or later a dog will get a bad bite ,.............. start at the right age (depending on the breed of dog and your own knowledge) and start off with another that been proven,.............exactly same scenario with terriers ,..........people find litter and put there young dog in and kills them all ,...........whats the point......? at some point the dog is going to take stick and its up too the owner to decide whever its mentally and physically ready..........if cubs got too be rid of for protection of game birds then yes ,.......start a young dog off or use a soft dog ,...........hunting is about respect ,..........and when your dog is ready , let it have a go next too a proven one ,................cubs wont make or prove a dog imo,.............as for big cubs , they will be treated the same as the adults at a distance in the beam of a lamp,.............theres no such thing,......until the kill when you can see its this years or not,...........as unless your very close you would be struggling to identify this years fox or an older one,..........

AYE BIG CUBS.....CUBS THAT ARE BIGGER THAN WEE CUBS....OUT AND ABOUT ON TOP OF THE GROUND,OF COURSE THEY ARE SMALLER THAN ADULTS..... :laugh:,AND AS FOR ITS NOT SPORTING,SHOW QUARRY RESPECT N ALL THAT SHITE......IT GIVES THE DOG IN QUESTION MORE CONFIDENCE.... :yes:...,BEEN THERE DONE IT,I AINT THE ONE ASKING FOR ADVICE HERE MATE,I KNOW HOW TO ENTER DOGS FCUKSAKE... :laugh:,AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TELL THIS YEARS APART AT THE START OF THE SEASON,WHEN YOU SQUEAL THEM IN AND THEY RUN TOWARDS YOU....(STUPID AS FCUK),.....I DID NOT WANT TO WRITE A BIG STORY,SEEN AS ITS A THING OF THE PAST HERE... ;)....EACH TO THEIR OWN N ALL THAT.....I DO ALRIGHT,MY DOGS DO ALRIGHT....DONT REALLY GIVE A SHIT WHAT ANYONE ELSE DOES... :laugh:....ATB LADS... :thumbs:

Exactly. :thumbs: And why would any one enter a young dog for a start you ask whippet? Thats what the question was wasn't it?? And entered without another dog.

Theres always advice about entering with an older dog but it can be counter productive. I've seen youngsters reluctant to get stuck in with a seasoned dog but go well on their own. They were wary of the older dog,not the fox.

• Like 1

If your dog was too young to deal with an adult fox, then you didn't slip it on any. If your dog was going to do them it would do them. Some dogs never did, some dogs did and always got smashed up but went back for more and some dogs excelled at them. I could understand people wanting to let a dog see one so that it realised that they were quarry but, if there was no experienced dog to show the way then you'd have to resort to snare, trap or gun.

You seem to be confused as to the topic. No one is talking about entering a dog too young-the question was how to enter a youngster when its ready to start,without an older dog FFS. You obviously have no idea other than putting them in at the deep end with an older dog do you? Others with an open mind are merely saying that they make it as easy as possible for the youngster.

And if you think an August/September cub will put up a fight like a big old dog fox,you are talking out of the proverbial pal. They have neither the strength nor the bite.

How would you enter a youngster (ready to go,not immature to make it clear) if you didnt have an older dog to throw it in at the deep end with?

Straight answer to a straight question. :hmm:

• Like 1