Labs

neems

Anyone used a lab primarily for bushing with lurchers?

How were they?

Are they too big?

The terriers can be a pain in the arse hunting up too far,not listening and going to ground,I've never had a spaniel but the working ones I've seen were mental all the time and needed a lot of exercise,whereas labs I imagine are very easy to live with.

My mate has an amazing lab bitch. She is small and compact and hunts like a spaniel. If I could have one like her I would in a flash. I wouldn't be surprised if there is not some spaniel gene in her some where. She finds stuff that my lurchers don't and will go in any type of cover.

I have a small lab too and he is a great wee busher, he really does work the cover like a spaniel. Ironically his name is "flash".. Lol

But for bushing to Lurchers I would be choosing the spaniel..... Cocker would be my choice but that's just a preference.

Remember you get what you put in training wise....;)

I'm not that bothered about having the very best tbh,I fancy a lab or x one day.

Just seem nice easy dogs to get on with and that you can relax around,no worries about it running off,or going to ground or seeing another dog and wanting to kick off etc.

I have a small lab too and he is a great wee busher, he really does work the cover like a spaniel. Ironically his name is "flash".. Lol

But for bushing to Lurchers I would be choosing the spaniel..... Cocker would be my choice but that's just a preference.

Remember you get what you put in training wise.... ;)

you not tempted to get a lurcher steven?

I've been tempted for a long time.....still no getting one though. Quite fancy a bulldog...;-)

I'm not that bothered about having the very best tbh,I fancy a lab or x one day.Just seem nice easy dogs to get on with and that you can relax around,no worries about it running off,or going to ground or seeing another dog and wanting to kick off etc.

Lol, if your wanting a dog that doesn't kick off don't get a lab , every shoot Iv been on, the spaniels sit quiet under the benches while the labs strutt about trying to fight there shadow..

I'm not that bothered about having the very best tbh,I fancy a lab or x one day.Just seem nice easy dogs to get on with and that you can relax around,no worries about it running off,or going to ground or seeing another dog and wanting to kick off etc.

Lol, if your wanting a dog that doesn't kick off don't get a lab , every shoot Iv been on, the spaniels sit quiet under the benches while the labs strutt about trying to fight there shadow..
Haha.....f***ing rich that from a terrier man... Pmsl

I've been tempted for a long time.....still no getting one though. Quite fancy a bulldog...;-)

you couldn't handle a bulldog mate

You reckon they compare to terriers?

You reckon they compare to terriers?[/

Haha.....f*****g rich that from a terrier man... Pmsl

Hahaha, they have focused aggression unlike them thug like labs:-) I feed my 7 together & at worst you'll hear a wee grumble. Maybe it's just lab owners ;-p

You reckon they compare to terriers?[/

Haha.....f*****g rich that from a terrier man... Pmsl
Hahaha, they have focused aggression unlike them thug like labs:-) I feed my 7 together & at worst you'll hear a wee grumble. Maybe it's just lab owners ;-p

lol I've always found labs to be more of a problem then spaniels