Alright lads, couple years ago got my lad a little catapult from a local gun shop, he used it a lot and a few weeks ago it broke, talking to a mate yesterday about cattys got me thinking about getting him another, he's 8 now so want something abit better than the one he had, anybody got a resonable priced one that I can buy for him.

Im giving a go of making my own it will cost more in the long run but im good with wood and after reading up on the catty forum and watching YouTube looks easy enough. Plus more rewarding when i give my lad something i made with my own hands. I'll get him to sand it up so he plays a part in it also.

Bpr your cattys are very good mate but I really do fancy making one. I will post some pics once I have made one or two, might not be as good as you lads can make but i'll get there in the end.

Edited by Bazil brush
  • Like 1

BPR you are a true gentleman, I've seen you give away more than you must sell on here!

I'd say have a crack at making one too though, Im about halfway through my whittling one and it's already giving me loads of pride!

Good luck to your little lad!

Im giving a go of making my own it will cost more in the long run but im good with wood and after reading up on the catty forum and watching YouTube looks easy enough. Plus more rewarding when i give my lad something i made with my own hands. I'll get him to sand it up so he plays a part in it also.

Bpr your cattys are very good mate but I really do fancy making one. I will post some pics once I have made one or two, might not be as good as you lads can make but i'll get there in the end.

It's not a competition, just have fun, that's the most important thing. Let us know how you get on, mate ! :thumbs:

Bpr that's very kind of you mate people like you make this a good site. just had the little fella in checking out his new toy lol, it is a little big but his hands will grow in to it lol, I glued some marine ply together last night coz it was the only thing I had at hand, good old pva couldn't live with out it haha. I drawn it free hand and measured nothing lol, just googled catapult and nicked a designe lol. Here's the start to finish will need adjusting and wood protected but I'll get to that another day lol. I know it's not great and not as good as some of you lads of here but it is a first attempt, I'm going to make another for myself.

null_zps6e21ae0a.jpg

null_zpsd08a790b.jpg

Any recommend something to seal the wood? Thanks

Bpr that's very kind of you mate people like you make this a good site. just had the little fella in checking out his new toy lol, it is a little big but his hands will grow in to it lol, I glued some marine ply together last night coz it was the only thing I had at hand, good old pva couldn't live with out it haha. I drawn it free hand and measured nothing lol, just googled catapult and nicked a designe lol. Here's the start to finish will need adjusting and wood protected but I'll get to that another day lol. I know it's not great and not as good as some of you lads of here but it is a first attempt, I'm going to make another for myself.

null_zps6e21ae0a.jpg

null_zpsd08a790b.jpg

Any recommend something to seal the wood? Thanks

Great mate, i used superglue as recommended by Sheffield catapults, just keep putting on thin layers once dried, gives a great smooth shiny finish, just dont breath on it or it will go white, use a disposable glove to apply it