White Tail Classics

my hw80 has been running a mtc mamba light for a while now and its been ok but i recently put a wtc on my 77 and the difference is night and day , does anyone know if i can get a wtc with an AO and milli dots as the 77 is using the tuplex cross hairs and i would prefer the milli dots for the longer ranges . i was looking at hawke scopes but after reading andys thread sod that

can anyone help as i cant find out bugger all about the scopes made in the philippines its all the Chinese one i can find

cheers

chris

The best WTC of all in my view, was the Simmons Whitetail Classic 4.5-14x40 AO Supernightview scope with a graphite coating. Absolutely superb optics but these were built with Truplex 30/30 reticles. That said, for an HW80 they are one of the best scopes going. I have two and one of them is on my FAC .22 HW80. It stays on zero against the quite considerable recoil forces this rifle metes out.

The best thing would be to look for one on the 2nd hand market as this scope is no longer made. It'll cost you £100 but it cost £230 + when new and they last years. Mine are 15 years old and as good as ever.

I would never allow a Hawke scope near my HW80, she'll wreck it in a morning!

• Like 1

If you're after something decent that won't break the bank, have a look at the Nikon Prostaf range or Nikko Sterling Platinum. They're not full of fancy features but they're built to last with good optics.

Best of luck though on finding a WTC. They were a cracking scope.

Edited by andyfr1968

i have always favoured wtc scopes for my air rifles and rimfires, tried a few other scopes in the same price range but have never found anything to match them, although slightly up the in price the redfield range are spot on. then my favorite of all comes the leupold range