Grae,

Both the HW97 and HW98 are really great rifles especially when SFS tuned (probably the best they will ever be) and it wouldn't affect results no matter which one you chose.

For me the HW98 is far easier to get great results with though and I think its all down to the super quick lock time and no muzzle flip.

There are people on here that have sold their 97s to buy a 98 after shooting my 98 and other 98s, there are also lads that now have both.

Best thing to do is try a SFS tuned one.

Si.

• Like 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The HW98 is a very nice rifle to shoot indeed DD. I have shot with Si Pittaway's '98 at Old Downs a few months ago and it was a beautiful handling, sweet shooting rifle and very accurate indeed.   I

See Simon the black hole club is luring you into itself .   Slowly slowly you will become a member .   Resistance is futile I'm afraid.   The suspense, I feel it .

A cautionary tale .....   Today I wandered too close to the event horizon and was caught in the irresistible gravitational attraction of Black Hole HW98.   Fortunately planet 'Sandwellfieldsports'

Offhand, I think the 98 has a bull barrel and the 97 comes with a silencer. There is silencers you can get for them.

www.weihrauch-sport.de/seiten/englisch/default.html

Check out the site :)

Grae

Ps: Si, cheers matey :thumbs:

They both are very good VM.

I think I prefer the HW98 overall and a .22 one would be lovely for hunting I think.

The thing is im waiting to see what I like most the imp or 98 in .22.

• 1 year later...