• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The HW98 is a very nice rifle to shoot indeed DD. I have shot with Si Pittaway's '98 at Old Downs a few months ago and it was a beautiful handling, sweet shooting rifle and very accurate indeed.   I

See Simon the black hole club is luring you into itself .   Slowly slowly you will become a member .   Resistance is futile I'm afraid.   The suspense, I feel it .

A cautionary tale .....   Today I wandered too close to the event horizon and was caught in the irresistible gravitational attraction of Black Hole HW98.   Fortunately planet 'Sandwellfieldsports'

they will both be as good as eachother. cant really beat a 97, but could equal one... same goes for the 98 :D

just different that's all

adjustable cheekpiece and buttpad, and the heavier weight than the lovely hw95k that was too light for me.. the breakbarrel I have been waiting for?! I think so.. pretty excited for this one :boogy:

Yeah I'm going for a brand new one selling the hw100 as I can't get on with it for some reason.

The 98 will be going to tony wall maybe a stage 2

think you can only get them stage one, don't quote me on that tho. I will shoot mine out the box for a bit first then maybe get it tuned at a later date.

as for the hw100 well, I don't really get on with mine. :icon_eek: don't get me wrong, its an amazing piece of kit, but I think it needs an adj. buttpad like the 97 ..

the panorama 50mm it has now, in high mounts, is too high for me, its like my head is floating above the cheekpiece to look through the scope properly.

going to try the mamba lite in medium mounts, maybe that will give me a better alignment. or fit an adj. buttpad. :blink:

and shooting it is boring. too easy. no recoil. its not a 'toy' like my beloved springers, but a tool for a job in my opinion

if I had loads of pests to control, fair enough.

but I don't, and im more of a plinker/target shooter these days.

im happiest with a springer in my hands :thumbs::boogy:

edit, the panorama will go on the 98, the cheekpiece and buttpad adjustments should make it fit' me perfect :D

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale
  • Like 1

The HW98 is a very nice rifle to shoot indeed DD. I have shot with Si Pittaway's '98 at Old Downs a few months ago and it was a beautiful handling, sweet shooting rifle and very accurate indeed.

I am a complete nut for Weihrauch rifles and the underlever HW77 and HW97 I have are just the best pair I've ever owned yet. Yet, somehow...the HW98 is calling me too.... :blink::icon_eek: .......... :D

• Like 4

The HW98 is a very nice rifle to shoot indeed DD. I have shot with Si Pittaway's '98 at Old Downs a few months ago and it was a beautiful handling, sweet shooting rifle and very accurate indeed.

I am a complete nut for Weihrauch rifles and the underlever HW77 and HW97 I have are just the best pair I've ever owned yet. Yet, somehow...the HW98 is calling me too.... :blink::icon_eek: .......... :D

:laugh:

Might have a wander out to my gunshop too......

Just a look and a fondle you understand....

See Simon the black hole club is luring you into itself :yes: .

Slowly slowly you will become a member :laugh:.

Resistance is futile :icon_eek: I'm afraid.

The suspense, I feel it :tongue2: .

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 3

See Simon the black hole club is luring you into itself :yes: .

Slowly slowly you will become a member :laugh:.

Resistance is futile :icon_eek: I'm afraid.

The suspense, I feel it :tongue2: .

A cautionary tale .....

Today I wandered too close to the event horizon and was caught in the irresistible gravitational attraction of Black Hole HW98.

Fortunately planet 'Sandwellfieldsports' answered my distress call and offered the services of their rescue spacecraft 'Stage1tune'.

Their help in lightening my wallet - thereby reducing my mass and therefore the gravitational force - meant I was just able to break free!

I post this as a timely warning to my fellow intrepid explorers of the vast airgun universe.

• Like 4