Ill Ferret

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like a vet job.

The only thing obvious to me is that the jill is not herself which could be caused by a number of things. It could be related to being left in season or it might not, as you say a visit to the vet mig

With a dead jill (probably) if either aren't attempted. Most get ill if left in season so this should be common knowledge to all ferret keepers. Don't keep a female if you can't be asked to care for h

VETS OR AN HOB QUICK TIME ! OBVIOUSE!

The only thing obvious to me is that the jill is not herself which could be caused by a number of things. It could be related to being left in season or it might not, as you say a visit to the vet might be the best option

Can't get my head round the second part of your reply. It might be something contagious yet you suggest getting it to a hob, I don't think the owner of the hob would be too happy if it went downhill aswell.

• Like 1

whats it been eating? as this warm weather is perfect for salmonella keep fluids into it with sugar added -but if the ferret means a lot to you its a vet job -else its a waiting game to see if its just a bug that will right itself over time

The only thing obvious to me is that the jill is not herself which could be caused by a number of things. It could be related to being left in season or it might not, as you say a visit to the vet might be the best option

Can't get my head round the second part of your reply. It might be something contagious yet you suggest getting it to a hob, I don't think the owner of the hob would be too happy if it went downhill aswell.

All other things being equal, nobody should ever leave their jill in season without a vac hob or jill jab. Why take unecessary risks?

Edited by onthehunt

All other things being equal, nobody should ever leave their jill in season without a vac hob or jill jab. Why take unecessary risks?

Both the jill jab and getting the hob vasectomised aren't risk free, there can be issues with both so where does that leave us?

Both the jill jab and getting the hob vasectomised aren't risk free, there can be issues with both so where does that leave us?

With a dead jill (probably) if either aren't attempted. Most get ill if left in season so this should be common knowledge to all ferret keepers. Don't keep a female if you can't be asked to care for her properly.

• Like 1

I was told by the vet that having jill spayed will sort the issue of being in heat causing problems...is this correct?

don't have ferrets anymore, both died a few years ago suddenly, both in the same night.

Yeah spaying is the neutering for females. Its total sterilization so all reproductive tissue is meant to be removed. But vets are now coming to the realization that it does cause adrenal disease in a fair few so advise people on implants which does the same as jill jab I think.