2" Lift Kit Advice

im planning on putting a 2" lift kit on my defender and the kit comes with the springs and dampers, is this all i need? or do i NEED to then get different radius arms? the kits themselves i think are pretty reasonable at about £200 but the radius arms are about £200 a pair and i asume i would need to do front and back so it starts adding up then lol

cheers for any advice

ant

iam doing my patrol now but i did a 4 inch body lift with a 2 inch tire lift at 33,12/50.15 and its just cost me £240 for the body lift and £220 for the wheels and tires never had to holter any major bits made brackets for bullbar and for rad and exstended the fuel pipe thats it so cost stayed down hope that helps and makes it easyer for you :thumbs:

Not a defender but I just lifted my landcruiser by 2 inches. just springs and shocks. But if I went 4 inch then I would have needed adjustable panhard rods and longer brake hoses/pipes.

Also just to see exactly how much lift you get, measure from centre of hub to bottom of wheel arch. Mine was 50mm lift but went up 85mm because the 20 year old springs had sagged.......

• Like 1

All you need is 2" lift springs to be honest ate. Gwyn Lewis are good but extortionate! Go for Bearmach blue springs they're good quality and a reasonable price.

You can get +2"shocks but unles you're off roading and cross axeling then there's not much point. Don't need extended brake hoses either on a 2" lift on a landy

yeah its a 90, so by the sounds of it i dont need the arms then? i was going to get the extended braided s/s brake lines anyway as there not to expensive and get the springs and shocks because the origanal shocks that are on look like there past there best, ive got a new rear spring seat to weld on as ones been bent and straightened again but you can tell its knacked. so if i can get away with not having the arms then thats brill!!! i will be doing green laneing in it but should that really make a difference??

Won't need arms unless you're going up like 4". Try to avoid britpart shocks as they're pants. I think mm4x4 sell the spring hangers.

If doing laning it may be worth considering some relocation cones to stop ya springs popping out of the top mounts when articulating.