Rspca...nosey Cnuts

Following on from the short article in this months EDRD concerning the RSPCA and their raid on an old fella treating his own dogs...It seems they have their noses in others business too...Shooting Times have just tweeted about the arsepca having access to records of holders of FACs (when and if they are needed), from up to ten police forces around the country. Not open access but enough to get you wondering!

Edited by cragman

I know of worse - this is hearsay as its only what the guy told me so don't take this as gospel fact, but I have no reason to disbelieve him as he's always been honest in my experience and I did see the vans there myself.

The guy around the corner from me who was seriously ill himself had a visit from the RSPCA over his dog (not sure how they found out).

Anyway the dog, which had always been lovingly cared for, was terminally ill so he'd taken the dog to the vets for an opinion and the vet had said the dog was fine to carry on for now and shouldn't be put to sleep as it wasn't suffering and was probably good for at least 6 months before they should consider euthanasia, but they'd monitor it.

Anyway, this RSPCA guys turns up, demands entry and starts threatening to prosecute the neighbour for causing the animal unnecessary suffering. He then pursues and harasses the guy for months with constant legal threats and visits several times a week until after several months he accepts the vets verdict and leaves him alone.

I mean what the hell!

All it takes is a phone call to the vet.

At the end of the day you have an officer who is not a qualified vet harassing some poor old guy who isn't well himself because he doesn't want to believe the verdict of a qualified vet.

Yeah it was probably possible.

Trouble is these days the RSPCA see themselves as the Animal Police and it seems some let it go to their heads.

Their work is good but not when its misdirected.

That said, I fail to see why firearms ownership is relevant to the RSPCA unless they're playing it as a Health and Safety thing for their inspectors so they know what they're walking into. But to be honest, unless they're going around with an armed response team, which is unlikely without reason to believe a specific threat, I fail to see how it helps them.

Yeah it was probably possible.

Trouble is these days the RSPCA see themselves as the Animal Police and it seems some let it go to their heads.

Their work is good but not when its misdirected.

That said, I fail to see why firearms ownership is relevant to the RSPCA unless they're playing it as a Health and Safety thing for their inspectors so they know what they're walking into. But to be honest, unless they're going around with an armed response team, which is unlikely without reason to believe a specific threat, I fail to see how it helps them.

and lets be honest, if they are walking into anything they must have the police there to serve the warrant, so if there is any threat the police would be able to flag that up themselves without allowing the wankers to access the information.

personally i think that the rspca have gone so far from their original good work that they are now a political/money making organisation first and an animal care organistaion second. not right.

• Like 1