Sgc Application

Well... Got a call from FEO yesterday he had been asked by the powers in Wakefield to seek more info regarding the domestic incident 2 years ago at home and also police were called to remove me from a caravan park earlier this year. I wasn't arrested just asked to leave. Both times were just me refusing to leave and he made a point of saying there is no reports of Violence been used at all

He also spent 20 mins alone with my mrs quizzing her aswell

Any views?

Thanks

Shaun

Well, you could take it as a good sign that that haven't automatically refused you and are investigating further. :thumbs:

But playing the devil's advocate here, you just mentioned another incident from this year, however minor that might have been. Whether convicted or not, all this stuff adds up and to the outsider it looks like you get in some sort of bother every couple of years.

If I was a betting man, I'd say you'd be unlikely to be granted, but that's just my humble opinion.

I honestly cant see it , a caution for a assault they just say you might use the gun the next time , Caravan park where you full of the drink ? and whats that 4 incidents in ten years . Your honestly going to be struggling

Yeah I tend to agree.

Even though no violence was used they're going to tend to think of what if...so what if you had access to a gun, would you have refused by holding the person trying to make you leave at gun point? That will be their line of thought.

I really think you are your own worst enemy here and no offence when I say this but there are obviously some issues in your life and you really need to sort these out and learn to walk away and stay clam and deal with people in a more amicable way, if you ever want to get to a position of holding a licence. Can't see it for maybe 10 years plus though now given the number of incidents stacked up as they're ikely to want to make really sure. Any contact with the police except at grant or renewal is bad news for a licence holder or potential licence holder.

Edited by Alsone

Thanks for the replies. Well he said the fact I wasn't violent will go in my favour and he also said if what me and my partner have told him is straight, in his view he don't think I will be a problem with a shotgun but its not his decision and it will all depend on how the organisation view it when it goes back in. It's been in to Wakefield and sent back to him 3 times now.

The only other potential issue is, the reason I was asked to leave the caravan site is because I'd been carrying on with one of the women up there and they didn't want any trouble between me and her husband.. I refused as I wasn't there to cause trouble I was there for a drink.. Police were called but I was already walking out the gate as they arrived. They then kindly dropped me off in town. But when the FEO asked my mrs if there had been any other women while we been together she answered no.. But I said to him she knew about the woman but not about the incident at caravan park. So that is the only detail that was conflicting.. Although the fact I had an affair should have no bearing on my suitability to hold a shotgun..

I have remained calm since my caution 6 yrs ago.. Just refusing to leave when asked to.. That don't make me a danger to anyone..

Its very difficult these days Shaun and some forces are more understanding than others.

Some will revoke a certificate if you get into an aggressive situation even without violence. eg. There's at least on case mentioned on here of people simply going through a divorce with no violence having their guns seized and licence suspended. Others forces are more lenient.

Just understand that if you do get a certificate, not only is at risk with any further incident, but it's also likely the police will send an armed response team just in case, even to a normal domestic situation, and being held at gunpoint by sub machine gun is not likely to be pleaseant!