A Quick Question

turk

Just curious what do you lads prefer to use for tail mounts a plectrum or a single tube on 1 tail feather be nice to see some pics of the way you guys do it I had probs in the past with the single tube ripping feathers out perhaps I was unlucky

Plectrum for me, I make my own out of curved plastic from a motorbike mudguard and a cut down .17 hmr shell case, pop riveted and glued on, nice and light, I like to fit a tail bell as well as the transmitter and just cant help feeling that it is just a little too much weight ror one feather to support, but I could be wrong of course, each to their own way.

• Like 1

Plectrum for me, I make my own out of curved plastic from a motorbike mudguard and a cut down .17 hmr shell case, pop riveted and glued on, nice and light, I like to fit a tail bell as well as the transmitter and just cant help feeling that it is just a little too much weight ror one feather to support, but I could be wrong of course, each to their own way.

If i was to use transmitter and anda bell on the tail i would use a plectrum but i leg mount the bell and tail mount the transmitter and just prefer the neater finish of the single tube, any pics of yours?

I always use plectrums that I make myself, havnt got any pics but will get gaz to take sum when he comes over at the weekend. Always put a bell on the tail at least and sometimes leg aswell, the reason for this is we fly where there is a lot of cover and a lot of streams, if the birds hits a water hen or duck in the stream you cant hear the leg bell ring under water but if it is shallow enough you can still hear a tail bell.

ATB martin

• Like 1