Lump On Neck

One thing after another with the dogs lately, its a totally painless and i cant touch it an squeeze it and it dont hurt him, lump formed in lireally hours on one side of neck just under his jaw hes eating drinking and is totally himself any ideas what it could be im thinking an allergic reaction of some sort for it to come up so quickly.ill try him for a few days on benadryl if no luck ill get him to vets, what do you lads think it could be its about the size ofa golf ball post-52682-0-22687400-1375272510_thumb.jpg

Edited by joshc123

My spaniels got the same thing took her to the vet and he shook his head said best thing is you wake up one morning and its burst but if you want it done in the surgery it would be about £300 (was that no why we took the dog there in the first place ?) but her being 12 years old scares them i reckon

Ive booked vets for tommorow afternoon will post on here how it goes cheers guys

JMO if it was an abcess the dog would be in some sort of pain. the possibility is a reaction to something or other. good luck hope all is sorted soon :D

Or a blocked saliva gland? Vet job at any rate.

Yeah,i had a terrier exactly the same a couple of months ago.I seen a golf ball size lump that night then in the morning it was the size of a tennis ball. It didnt bother the dog in any way! The vet drained it next day,it was just a mixture of saliva and blood.

Edited by johnc.

One Of My Lurchers Had An Abscess On His Neck At The Weekend. Vet Job, £250 Thanks A Lot. Him And His Sister Had A Barney Over A Squirrel And he Came Off Worse. She Just Nicked Him And It Swelled Up To A Golf Ball Size. Hole The Size Of 10 Pence Piece In His Neck From Where They Drained It. Right As Rain Now though