• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a pitch fork and a good torch should do the job then   niall_b73

Many years ago i was in taxidermists shed in walked A fella with the biggest salmon /fish id ever seen turned out to wiegh 22 pound I starred at the fella With this monster under his arms awai

Does anyone ever try a rod and line. I think they call it fishing.

Does anyone ever try a rod and line. :laugh::laugh: I think they call it fishing. :laugh::laugh:

Was thinkin that myself. Do what the rest of us do...pay for a ticket and catch them on rod and line!!!

Edited by AirgunGuy
  • Like 2

Does anyone ever try a rod and line. :laugh::laugh: I think they call it fishing. :laugh::laugh:

Was thinkin that myself. Do what the rest of us do...pay for a ticket and catch them on rod and line!!!

i use rod and line.... with treble hook and lamp :laugh: cant be doing with paying to sit for hours and catching f**k all, get bored after 5 mins lol

I don't mind a bit of a walk about to see whats about, but a rod and line suits me better than a lemonade bottle, :laugh: but what ever suits you is ok with me, each to there own, as long as you enjoy it. :laugh:

well said that man its about enjoying it

i use rod and line.... with treble hook and lamp :laugh: cant be doing with paying to sit for hours and catching f**k all, get bored after 5 mins lol

You can't be doing it right then if you're catchin fcuk all ;-)

you know salmon airgunguy you can fish a week hard and get sod all!

Aye true mate but there's nothing better than going down some streamy pool on the Dee or Tweed...waist deep in the flow...small Silver Stoat swinging nicely through the stream and in a fraction of a second all hell breaks loose as the reel is screaming with a 20lb'er that decides to head back to the North Sea ;-)

Each to their own you say...I know how I would rather have them ;-)

Edited by AirgunGuy
  • Like 2

Aye true mate but there's nothing better than going down some streamy pool on the Dee or Tweed...waist deep in the flow...small Silver Stoat swinging nicely through the stream and in a fraction of a second all hell breaks loose as the reel is screaming with a 20lb'er that decides to head back to the North Sea ;-)

Never done any fly fishing to be honest! ill have to give it a go one day, cant be any more boring than bait fishing :laugh:

Never done any fly fishing to be honest! ill have to give it a go one day, cant be any more boring than bait fishing :laugh:

ohh a nice shrimp trotting down the current is about the best/most reliable/effective way to get salmon if you can find a place that you can fish it

ohh a nice shrimp trotting down the current is about the best/most reliable/effective way to get salmon if you can find a place that you can fish it
They brought the shrimp back on some of the beats on the Tay recently did they not?

They banned it because it was so effective at taking fish. The catches went to fcuk and the anglers deserted the river in droves and now they've brought it back to bring back the anglers and to boost catches. If the catches hadn't plummeted then you'd be hung, drawn and quartered in Perth town centre for even suggesting bringing it back :-/

Edited by AirgunGuy

They brought the shrimp back on some of the beats on the Tay recently did they not?

They banned it because it was so effective at taking fish. The catches went to fcuk and the anglers deserted the river in droves and now they've brought it back to bring back the anglers and to boost catches. If the catches hadn't plummeted then you'd be hung, drawn and quartered in Perth town centre for even suggesting bringing it back :-/

thats right,just goes to show they have "principles" right up untill the income wains then they will go against/change the rules to bring it ( "it" being custom and money)

back, i personally love fising the shrimp bounced along the bottom nothing better.

Principles are nothing to do with it mate...the £ rules every time. I've seen a prime beat on the Dee that I fish going from 75 quid per day to 150 quid (100 quid dearer at prime time) in the last few years because catches are better but what most people don't know is that the catches have been boosted by other less conventional methods...fact and caught in the act!!! The cost was acceptable until it went over the 100 quid mark but now it's getting beyond the working man again and it won't be long until it'll be lord this and major general that that will only be able to fish!!! There are several beats with prime water that are hardly fished because of the cost. Instead of offering the beat at a reasonable price so that the beat is fully booked and getting fished which ultimately raises the catches they would rather have it at an extortionate rate and nobody fishing...the mind boggles!!!