Lakeland Or Patterdale

What do you think would be the hardest dog 9 times out of ten the Lakeland or the patterdale.and in the same breath do you think the patterdale and lakeland are the same dog this day and age.

hardest at what :hmm:

What do you think would be the hardest dog 9 times out of ten the Lakeland or the patterdale.and in the same breath do you think the patterdale and lakeland are the same dog this day and age.

what a stupid post..!!!!!!!!

are you thick or what ,........If you cant tell the difference between a patterdale and a Lakeland I would be worried,...............how can they be the same dog,......

one thing I will say is you cant add much different blood to a Lakeland ,..........because there presence will look a lot different ,.........but you can add different blood to a patterdale and pretty much look the same..............

what a stupid post..!!!!!!!!

are you thick or what ,........If you cant tell the difference between a patterdale and a Lakeland I would be worried,...............how can they be the same dog,......

one thing I will say is you cant add much different blood to a Lakeland ,..........because there presence will look a lot different ,.........but you can add different blood to a patterdale and pretty much look the same..............

ive got a black patterdale dog has you would call it but in my mind he's a black Lakeland but because he's black he's a patterdale.

ok I see what your saying ,...firstly I apologise for my comment,........I mean you could say that about any colour dogs like white lakelands and any dog with the body structure of a Lakeland.........as for hardness , both patterdale and lakies can be very headstrong dogs ........all dogs being classed as breeds will all be different you get soft and hard and all shapes and sizes classed in some breeds ...........but a Lakeland to me is a very distinctive dog ,........with a distinctive body structure which I must say I like and there coat is distinctive and you can tell a lot of terriers with lakie blood in due to there distinctive breed.......your dog which looks like a black Lakeland is probably a x , ..........its hard to tell any dog being classed as a breed these days with all the x breeding,..........but a lot of terriers you do see with lakie blood in do seem to stand out to me........................and that's what makes lakies a breed of there own.....

No what your saying. when I go to the terrier shows don't go much any more but whut I could see of the terriers that were being shown in the patterdale class the best looking dogs was the black Lakeland type.but the patter dales that I would call patterdale like nuttle type was being shown in the same class.the Lakeland type always one over whut I would call a proper patterdale.but that's only looks I like both types but must do there job whut thay were bred for.

i will say in my experience the hardest dog i ever seen was a fell terrier some would say too hard the second was a pat nutall breed 1/8 bull the thing was pure evil the only reason i say fell first is the dog never backed down

to anything he was put to, where as the pat would use its head after taking a pasting lol the pat was a dog fighter to but never had the pleasure of owning a lakie like i said just my experience no doubt others will have difference in opinion i think its in the dog or not simple as that any how all the best to one an all for the coming season. regards lee.

No what your saying. when I go to the terrier shows don't go much any more but what I could see of the terriers that were being shown in the patterdale class the best looking dogs was the black Lakeland type.but the patterdales that I would call patterdale like nuttal type was being shown in the same class.the Lakeland type always one over what I would call a proper patterdale.but that's only looks I like both types but must do there job what they were bred for.

they pic best looking dog not best looking working one they should rename the dog show not working dog show as some them dogs never seen so much as a rat or rabbit in case it lost a piece of fur or gets scarred up turning into a farce and they wonder why people don't bother going to the shows any more

No what your saying. when I go to the terrier shows don't go much any more but what I could see of the terriers that were being shown in the patterdale class the best looking dogs was the black Lakeland type.but the patterdales that I would call patterdale like nuttal type was being shown in the same class.the Lakeland type always one over what I would call a proper patterdale.but that's only looks I like both types but must do there job what they were bred for.

they pic best looking dog not best looking working one they should rename the dog show not working dog show as some them dogs never seen so much as a rat or rabbit in case it lost a piece of fur or gets scarred up turning into a farce and they wonder why people don't bother going to the shows any more

Have a Lakeland myself was told to put her into show by a few but I 'm not going to just got her to do ratting around where I live happy with that and hope to a bit of hunting as well

Have a Lakeland myself was told to put her into show by a few but I 'm not going to just got her to do ratting around where I live happy with that and hope to a bit of hunting as well

iam not saying dont go but you will notice that there are to types of dogs that are there the perfect groomed and the working dogs even someone who never been to a dog show could tell

go and give the dog a try at the show wish you the best of luck in the show and the field

iam not saying dont go but you will notice that there are to types of dogs that are there the perfect groomed and the working dogs even someone who never been to a dog show could tell

go and give the dog a try at the show wish you the best of luck in the show and the field

will see mate ..thanks ... :thumbs: