An Evening "stroll" Up The Fells...

The weather has been fantastic of late but it doesn't go well with the dogs & Fells especially where water isn't a plenty so yesterday we didn't set off until 6pm..even then it was bloody warm but still we made off to a place just near to Bassenthwaite Lake and a few miles from Keswick..I walked a route called "the Edge" up onto the summit of Ullock Pike..it was all up hill after getting out the motor..talk about sweating!! From there I walked to Carl Side then back down into Dodd Wood and then back in the direction of the car..walking downhill absolutely crucifies my knees,holy shit it nigh on brings a fella to tears lol..the pups are coming along brilliant just now,both pups headed into some waist high bracken with heads aloft and as I watched them atleast 60 yards away up jumped a fine beast in full summer coat with what looked like a real good head set on him..the pups clocked him and were off lol..it was a good few minutes until they returned from out of the forest where the critter had took refuge..it was 10.45pm when we walked through the door..where we went is a stones throw from Skiddaw and had it not been so late I'd of walked that to as you will see from my pics just how close we were :-) ..manged to get to 2446ft up according to the Gps and walked nigh on 8 miles..just to the river with the dogs today I think,it's gonna be another warm un :-)

b*****d Photobucket aggghhh...pics to follow haha

Edited by FUJI

Have you ever been up that striding edge ? If you google it stunning pictures. I always fancy that one, dangerous in the wind been a few fatalities on there.

Cracking pics and dogs are looking in top fettle .

Have you ever been up that striding edge ? If you google it stunning pictures. I always fancy that one, dangerous in the wind been a few fatalities on there.

No,I was actually looking at all the pics last night when I got home..looks fecking dangerous to me!! I ain't great with heights and from what I was reading the path is only a foot wide in places lol..3000ft up on a "window sill" ain't for me I don't think haha..I will be oing the safe route up there albeit a longer one..loads of folk killed up there like you say..nigh on everyone says it doesn't matter what the weather is like down below its always 50 or 60mph up there? Makes it even more a definite no-no for me lol..looks real scary shit..f**k knows what you do if you bump into someone coming the other way on those real narrow stretches? Going in reverse doesn't seem a very good idea haha..let me know what it's like after you've been mate lol

I need to find someone daft enough to go with lol. Lad at works been before it's pinning him down to go again. Would prefer to go with someone that's experienced. I don't want to become a death statistic. Good page on Facebook wainwrights walks could put them to shame with some of your pictures. If I get there I will definitely take a camera might leave the dogs are home stupid fuckers might go over the edge lol

• Like 1

No,I was actually looking at all the pics last night when I got home..looks fecking dangerous to me!! I ain't great with heights and from what I was reading the path is only a foot wide in places lol..3000ft up on a "window sill" ain't for me I don't think haha..I will be oing the safe route up there albeit a longer one..loads of folk killed up there like you say..nigh on everyone says it doesn't matter what the weather is like down below its always 50 or 60mph up there? Makes it even more a definite no-no for me lol..looks real scary shit..f**k knows what you do if you bump into someone coming the other way on those real narrow stretches? Going in reverse doesn't seem a very good idea haha..let me know what it's like after you've been mate lol

My godfather (who used to take me up the Lakes Youth Hostelling as a lad) had a heart attack and

died on Hellvellyn about 20 years ago :cray:

Cheers, D.

dogs looking great fuji, me and the missus are going to have a week end up the lake district soon with the mutts. never been but really looking forward to it, dont no if she will handle the walking thou :laugh: she stuggles with the local walks on the downs. i got a pup out razors brother pip and he reminds me of fife are get a few pics up when hes grown abit.

Dogs looking good Andy, and the scenery is stunning...that high path walk sound a bit much though.. I took a mate a long a high coastal path near Lynmouth ( north Devon), I didn't know how bad he was with heights he was basically crawling at times... I tried to be supportive through the laughter and piss taking lol

Edited by NEWKID