Bridport Nets, Dorset

anyone had any dealings with bridport nets in dorset, they had an advert in the countrymans weekly on 19/06/2013 and they were advertising traps. double ended mink traps at£17 and rabbit/feral cat traps at £24. but when I went on there website the mink trap was £24 and the feral cat was £32, I assumed that was due to p&p and vat but when I went to order them they added £8.50 p&p on to it, so I sent them an email asking why they were dearer on the website than the counrtymans and they replied with this.

"The traps advertised in the Countrymans Weekly are cheaper versions of
those on the website. If you would like to order the cheaper versions then
please give us a call."

cheaper versions????? why the f**k would they have a selection of traps to sell on the website and then have a cheaper version for the countrymans, it doesn't add up. personally I think they are talking bollox and its just a way of conning more cash out off the country folk that keeps them in business,.

what everyone elses take on this??

I was born at night but it wasn't f***ing last night.

I'm surprised to hear this.

I've known Pat for years, and this is the first time I've ever heard anything negative about them.

They do lots of shows each year, and often get in bargain deals for the shows. I suppose that could be the stuff he's advertising on CMW.

Give him a ring and ask him for a deal with the cheaper stuff if that's what you want.

One thing I know for certain, and that is they wouldn't knowingly rip anyone off. I suspect it's just a bit of confusion both ways :thumbs:

Bridport Nets ~ although I've never had any personal dealings ~ pretty much took up a lot of the slack when S. Young and Sons (Misterton) became extinct, surely?

Like I say; No Personal Dealings. But, f**k me, they're 'Known'. I can't see a Name like that turning rotten over night icon_neutral_zpsf88c927b.gif

bought a lot of net making gear off him over the years , both mail order and face to face at fairs . found him a decent bloke to deal with and always gave me money off for bulk buys of twine ,rings etc . just my own personal experience . :thumbs: