text talk

You dont have to text talk to be a wanker mate , doin a fine job all by yourself......seriously though , most people under 30 use text talk daily while on there phones and emails so obviously it transcends onto these forums

You dont have to text talk to be a wanker mate , doin a fine job all by yourself......seriously though , most people under 30 use text talk daily while on there phones and emails so obviously it transcends onto these forums

As they say it takes one to know one. ;)

There are alot of forum members that absolutely hate text talk. Can't understand it and don't want to understand it. I can understand it and use it... but I won't. It's nice to come to a place that is free from that.

Most people here wish to see a another great tradition kept and upheld, The English Language, which like hunting rights are being constantly erroded by those that believe it's old fashioned and outdated.

I maintain that text talk is for wankers. If you use it, you're a wanker. It's really that simple. I would class myself as a Premier League wanker simply because I don't use text talk. Text talking wankers will never rise above Conference levels.

This isn't about people that can't type very well or can't spell very well or aren't very good with a computer. This is about people that consciously use/speak/type utter f*****g nonsense in order to make their lives more simple. I've even heard someone actually speak the abbreviation of "LOL." These people need removing from the gene pool straight after being paraded through the streets, spat at, and generally lynched.

This forum doesn't support text talk, as I'm sure you're aware every time [bANNED TEXT] comes up. As far as I'm aware the current site policy is NO TEXT TALK. Which basically means that it's forbidden and it's supporters should f**k off somewhere else.

If the THL staff change this policy then I'm sure those of us that can't or won't use text talk will, equally, f**k off somewhere else.

Yours Not Using Abbreviated Nonsense.

Christopher David Jones

I agree my mates kids use it on the computer, and to be honest its destroying english language, they think its totally normal and don't no any better, :no: You must admit it looks totally shit when your posting on a forum to ask advice or reply to a topic and someone spouts a load of gibberish because they don't have the time to actually write properly..

what about freedom of speech..you should be able to talk however you want , i have a mate who is bared for text talking but he isnt a very good speller so its harder for him to write correctly...i dont use text talk 95% of the time but occassionally the od quick reply is easy if its text talk

I think this one has been done over and over! we're all now treading on old ground from past posts. at the end of the day there is plenty of space to talk Proper :whistling: so I can't see the problem lads!! The idea of writing a post is so other users can read it and then decide on if they want to reply or not or just browse, you could even turn it round and say the reason you write a post is because you want people to read it :hmm:, the thing is if they can't then whats the point......

Cheers

Jasper

Guest JohnGalway
what about freedom of speech..

What about it exactly?

It in no way applies to any argument in this thread. No has stopped you voicing your opinion. You're free to speak.

Text talk is for 160 character messages that cost money. Keep it off the site.

Guest craftycarper

tell me about it, i had a text from my 17 yr old son the other day. Couldn't understand a bloody word of it, passed it over to my 16 yr old boy and said can you tell me what that say's, he looked, shrugged his shoulders and said i ain't got a clue dad.....the english language is so bad on my sons part he can't even use text talk without making spelling mistakes...... :cry:

Edited by craftycarper

I hear too that the examinations board in england are trying to get the english exam!!!!!!! so that you are allowed to ansewer in text talk, because so many mistake's are being made..... i'm no expert speller but if i get close to it you'll know what i mean right!!!!!!!i think. :clapper: