Ginger French Saluki Greyhounds

Remember him pulling up in a brand new Subaru at a show with personal plates on , LGF , you could tell tell that he had just stuck them on top to come to the show in , sure enough , on my way home , theres Len , in a lay by , removing the plates , off what was probably a car he was test driving for the weekend , as said , a real character !

• Like 2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

True but he was a likable old rogue and one of the many colorful characters of the doggin game. Had a saluki stud called luke back in the day that sired a few, a lad i used to know had one out of it.

He was a character old len and could certainly spin a yarn were a dog sale was concerned

he used 2 own and run 2 very good dogs swoop and ace i bought a big black pup off len when i was a lad he was adecent dog not match matieral but could kill hares everyone knew len was not a et and loa

exchange and mart pups for sale saluki lurchers :laugh:

i am 55 and i remeber his adds but stayed well

clear of the man seen a few run on the fen not

the best but he could supply the demand for

these dogs fools and there money comes to mind

No different that Ken Gould back in the day... Len could sell you the dog of all your 'Plummer dreams'....

Bull crosses, or his first love, Coursing.... he knew what sold and filled a gap. :yes:

Bought React Fraggle the Cup winner and bred many a coursing mutt from it... Not a bad mutt to have in your dog, lets be honest!! Not saying the match men of the day were running his gear but if you wanted a dog to kill hares, Len's dogs did the job... an don't forget (Terrrminatorrrr Boy...!!)

Same with his vet supplies too... Yer, he was a dealer BUT more so a character.... Feck me, who else would buy a Waterloo cup winner an breed lurchers from it... Ya gotta love 'ol Len, he always thought big...!!

I'm 46 now and Len is a name from my youth, always had time to talk (an talk he could!!)... Nice bloke, didn't deserve what happened to him, hope the old boy see's out the remainder of his years in peaceful happiness... :yes:

Oh yer... His son was in the SAS too.... ;)

Very true bosun :thumbs: He was a dam site better than sum of the dog choring scum now that keep lurchers.

• Like 2

Remember him pulling up in a brand new Subaru at a show with personal plates on , LGF , you could tell tell that he had just stuck them on top to come to the show in , sure enough , on my way home , theres Len , in a lay by , removing the plates , off what was probably a car he was test driving for the weekend , as said , a real character !

Brilliant !!!! Lol

Brilliant !!!! Lol

Lol sounds like there should be a sitcom made on the fella

he used 2 own and run 2 very good dogs swoop and ace i bought a big black pup off len when i was a lad he was adecent dog not match matieral but could kill hares everyone knew len was not a et and loads bought cheap wormers and jabs from the man cause they were cheap and his dogs and pups he used to sell all were in good condition cant knock him he was 1 of them men you will remember for the rest of your life once you met him he could spin a few lies but he was a great bloke who did not deserve jail

• Like 3

A mate of mine got a bitch from him in approx 1990. it became apparent early on she was carrying a injury. took some time to get her right but she made a decent bitch on the lamp.