Rats

hi i am new to this forum i am trying to to get rid of the rats at the farm what is the best bait to use as

Hi danny welcome to the forum, get some cheap chocolate spread smear it thickly onto bricks ,

or any piecesof wood that may be lying around ,making sure you have a safe backstop tp your shooting

leave these for a few days , then set up nearby and shoot them .22 being the best calibre,

also set this up in a suitable ambush place where you can secrete youself safely and shoot safely as well

a torch with a coloured filter will help after dark, but NV is the best way of dealing with rats,

atb brian

hi i am new to this forum i am trying to to get rid of the rats at the farm what is the best bait to use as

hi Danny

what you need to do is find the hot spots,you must do a reccy and see where they going and coming from, i wouldn't worry about bait just yet,find the farm food source (cattle feed/maize) and i guarantee you will find most of the rats :thumbs:

if there is no food source then bait the hot spots :thumbs:

good luck!

• Like 2

I was going to put my bit forward but it would have only read the same as Davy's post.

Spot on mate.

If your going to buy Nutella, peanut butter and a white loaf. Make sure it's sliced and have yourself a butty whilst your waiting for the rats.

Dog or cat food.

Liquidised :thumbs:

i bought the cheepest cat food i could find, was something like 17p a full big can, the cat loked at me and i think the jist was you can stick that up yu A hole, she houghed-n-shit-in the cupboard.. ok so i'll liquidise it, rats arnt fussy are they?

big tub in the fridge liquidised and sealed shut to freeze in blocks, every one who opened the fridge took a wee peeky and shouted 'is this princes salmon paist??

lmao!! lets put it this way i havent bought princes anything since!! i mean not a little hint like, not a lot like in a similar way..i mean EXACTLY like it!

soo..off to the rat sheds, the baits out the NV on and i'm watching as one sniffed it..shook its head and just walked past, all night like 5 hours, only two even bothered to go and have a look.. NON would even touch it lmao!! so the cat and rats had a negative apinion and the humans said oooo luvly princes's salmon paiste, whered you get that?

fffff makes yu wander dunt it.

• Like 1