Unfortunately I don't have any pictures yet. Hope to post some soon.

I want to fit sling swivels and a bipod, but I am still looking for a decent gunsmith to do the job, as I am not confident enough to start drilling into the walnut stock.

The Cyclone has a Huggett silencer fitted to it, another fantastic bit of kit which I recommend.

Atb

Russ

• Like 1

As a spring gun devotee Moxy, I have actually shot with one of these. An FX Cyclone De Luxe .177 when these first appeared on the shelves about 10 years or so ago. Beautiful, full-figured walnut stock, very slim in proportions and very light, (too light for me as it happens) But despite the delicate look, it is very well made and extremely accurate. I found myself hitting targets at getting on for silly long ranges without too much adjustment in the hold. but, at over £700 back then even, a tad too rich for my tastes at the time. I bought the TX200HC I still use today instead.

I think it's the cost of these Cyclones that has put a lot of people off. It doesn't lack for quality all round.There is nothing wrong with the rifle's construction and certainly not it's accuracy or consistency from it's regulator. If they had come in at the similar competative prices as Air Arms/Daystate were selling at, there would be more heard of them. But I cannot draw an in-detail comparison to show you. The FX rifle certainly didn't feel or perform cheap in any way.

I don't know what the shot count was but I must have shot over a hundred before handing it back to the shop owner. I enjoyed the experience but, the weight was an issue for me. I was mulling with the idea of buying a shortish pcp for shooting from a vehicle at night but, instead I returned to using a spring rifle. The TX200HC ticked a box or two more for me.

If you are a pcp man this rifle is definitely worth considering. One of the very, VERY best of the few pcp's I've had a decent test-shot with. I would certainly tell you, time spent investigating it further would be time well spent Mick. I don't think you'll be dissapointed with what you get in your hands and at your shoulder :thumbs:

Simon

• Like 1

Cheers Simon. A sterling contribution. Thanks.

I have a couple of projects on at the minuet but as soon as they are out the way I will be looking for something in the fx range.

Thanks again lads for your contributions.

Thank you Russ. Moxy. Very kind of you to say gentlemen. :thumbs:

Best wishes.

Simon

Edit to add.

Actually I remember there was mention of Ben Taylor at the time I was looking at this particular FX Cyclone. I think he had a hand in modifying or improving the regulator in some way? Something like that.

Edited by pianoman
  • 6 years later...
On 10/06/2013 at 16:10, fxshooter said:

I have a FX Cyclone with the BTAS regulator and I am very very happy with it.

It is a beautiful piece of kit, far more accurate than I will ever be, a joy to hold and admire how well engineered it is.

The FX Cyclone has now accounted for a number of rabbits as I have started to hunt on my local permission. You can carry it around with you quite comfortably all day. Its size makes it a good gun to use in a hide or when out ratting.

With the Huggett silencer and the BTAS regulator the FX Cyclone is a super gun and I cannot sing its praises too highly.

i have a BTAS cyclone,so are they all regulated if BTAS?as ive gone to fit a pressure gauge and it wont go over eighty bar in reading when ive filled it nearer 200 bar.i figured the gauge was no good even though it is an fx gauge.

14 hours ago, david woodward said:

i have a BTAS cyclone,so are they all regulated if BTAS?as ive gone to fit a pressure gauge and it wont go over eighty bar in reading when ive filled it nearer 200 bar.i figured the gauge was no good even though it is an fx gauge.

Your replies are 7 years to late David as this thread was in 2013 but nevertheless a warm welcome aboard.

Phil