Anybody got any true news and reviews regarding the FX cyclone or anything similar in the FX range?

I don't want any google reviews or links thanks but I wish to hear from those who own or have owned or shot with one.

I like the look and feel of the cocking action and in some instances it suits my way of shooting. But never having actually shot one, I can't say for certain.

I am aware of the low shot count but this is of no concern as the cylinder will be replaced with a custom or a donor.

So bag of crap and leave well alone or a turd that can be polished!!?

Thanks.

I have a FX Cyclone with the BTAS regulator and I am very very happy with it.

It is a beautiful piece of kit, far more accurate than I will ever be, a joy to hold and admire how well engineered it is.

The FX Cyclone has now accounted for a number of rabbits as I have started to hunt on my local permission. You can carry it around with you quite comfortably all day. Its size makes it a good gun to use in a hide or when out ratting.

With the Huggett silencer and the BTAS regulator the FX Cyclone is a super gun and I cannot sing its praises too highly.

• Like 1

I only shoot my verminator from 150bar to 130bar [may be 155 t0 125] gives a better shot count than my hw 100 k .All the shots are full power and the lock time is quicker with the verminator compared to the hw 100 .There is more noise from the verminator action because the hammer is opening a valve with more pressure 150 bar ,90 bar with the hw100 .With my vermator and hw100 the only reason my hw 100 is a better gun is because it has a better sight some big scope with sr12 retical the verminator has a 5x scope and a cross hair .I still use the verminator more.

• Like 1

I have no idea but using the vermiator has made me think again about regulators .I like the unregulated verminator using the gun from 150 to 130 bar all the shots are bang on .the high pressure gives a fast lock time.the big bottle of air means 50 60 shots easy at the top of the power curve .I would not regulate my verminator even if someone would do it for free.

My Cyclone is in 177 and I usually get around 160 shots from each charge which is more than enough for my hunting expeditions.

If you do get one always cover the magazine with your hand when you release the empty one, the magazine is tensioned by a spring and it shoots out. This avoids you having to crawl around on your hands and knees trying to find the empty magazine.

Rgds.

Russ

• Like 1

So that suggests that yours is regged then russ?

I maybe looking to get one for a custom project, something to slowly tinker away with. I have heard mostly good things about the FX's in general and also been told the barrels are top notch, which is a bonus.

With them not being very common as people tend to favour the likes of HW, AA etc etc within the pre charged range, i am slightly intregued.

Thanks for the replies chaps ;) and any more info is welcomed :yes:

The mind is now pondering :hmm: