Picked Up A Webley Axsor .22

Seems about right depending on condition of course mate. Like everything I suppose.

Id say there around 7lb at best guess. A main concern, if it is a concern, it’s a pretty large rifle, as in long. 

Have you considered an S200 or ultra perhaps? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rez said:

Seems about right depending on condition of course mate. Like everything I suppose.

Id say there around 7lb at best guess. A main concern, if it is a concern, it’s a pretty large rifle, as in long. 

Have you considered an S200 or ultra perhaps? 

I'm with you on the S200 Rez, I love the Mk2 split stock and I will get another at some point.

Phil

Hi, sorry I didn't get a notification and just found this thread again!

Thanks very much for the interest/advice. I actually showed him the Ultra SE which is an option and as much as I highly rate the quality of BSA (and build quality is a big thing to me, and reliability) it just didn't feel too "right" in the hand (mine OR his). Its very short and stumpy, with a pretty thick stock and palm grip. He only has small hands, and like me he like the look of a traditional style rifle. I saw a Webley Raider in the shop and we both liked it, it just felt SOOO right in the hand. I wouldn't touch a raider just because I don't know enough about them (and the Turkish issue etc), but the Axsor I was told is a great gun, and if it holds anything like the Raider (looks very similar) then I think it's an absolute beauty. The length should be ok, he has shot my AA S200 (gone off those, fancy a change, just preference, mine shoots great but it's got a one off custom target stock and pretty chunky also).

Weight wise, anything under 8lbs unscoped is manageable, under 7 would be a bonus. Are these Axsors comparable in build quality, reliability and accuracy against the likes of BSA Ultra SE and Brocock Concept S6 (which are my other possibles)?

Edited by johnnyrotten
typ
  • 1 year later...

I’ve got a Webley Axsor carbine (short barrel) with scope and silencer. I’ve had it from new and I’ve never taken it out in the rain or layed it down on the dirt. Basically this gun is immaculate. My question is , how much is this worth as I’m considering selling it and getting something else. I also have a pump that I’ll be including in the sale which is also in great condition. I understand that a gun shop will want to make money on it so I need to know how much to ask for.

I have a Webley Axsor .22 rifle. I love everything it. It has precision accuracy with JSB 18G HEAVY pellets and a superb bolt action and produces about 120 full power shots on one 190 bar fill. 

I am a dedicated spring air rifle shooter but,  this rifle , along with my .22 FX2000 is a fantastic tool on my permissions and has changed my preconceptions about PCP air rifles.

Never going to be sold. Ever. 

Best regards.

Pianoman. 

• Like 1