115 members have voted

1. 1. Position In Life.

• WORKING
    • UNEMPLOYED

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am lucky enough to be in a good job and my employer will send me on courses in subjects I feel like developing as long as they are of benefit to my employer so all is good.

Only problem is Ive applied for a new job within the same employer, sort of a promotion but more like a sideways step with a little more money. The problem is that this job is going to involve a lot of travelling and working a lot of hours. Especially in the summer (Im in construction you see, and in the summer on the multi million pound projects they work dusk til dawn). So getting a dog which I was hoping to do in the next couple of months will be out of the window. I havent been offered the job like I say I just applied for it, but if I get offered it I will have to weigh up the options of making shitloads of money on overtime for a year and a half (thats the duration of the contract) and not having a dog, or having a dog and working for what im on just now. :hmm:

To those who are unemployed but looking for a job, best of luck to you I hope you find something soon. :thumbs:

Guest nitevision

iv been working in same factory for the last four years,weaving wire meshes,feckin hate being inside,feckin cant stand most of the muppets i have to work with,but it pays the bills,feeds the dogs etc. :yes::yes:

Hi guy's

i've only ever been unemployed for a period of 9 weeks in total i just can't seem to sit on my Arse, :D i wish i could but i'm alway's at something,

I started a new job last year after being made redundant, And i've been on more course's than you could shake a stick at since,

And i hated school :angry:

but it's always extra qualifications.

The only thing i find depressing about work is not getting the time to hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

I work in a factory , Floor manager,- off-shore related products. Hate the bloody job. If i could get by,- i'd prefer to be unemployed and out with the dogs every day. Mortgage to pay etc so its off to work every day. :cry:

ITS LIKE THIS IF YOU HAVNT GOT A JOB ,,,YOU DONT FECKING WANT ONE :thumbs: GET SOME WORK DONE YOU LAZY TWATS ... :DALL THE BEST SNOOP....

GOT A JOB THEN MATE?? :D DO ANYTHING ME, I CAN DO THAT!!!!! :feck::tongue2:

Guest oldskool

been workin now for the last six months after a 3 year wander about... or more like a "wonder what the f**k i'm goin to do"... got sick of working in dead end jobs from factory to factory and tried a bit of welding but it was just a factory job with a bit more cash and about the same job satisfaction (feck all)... anywho, got my hgv and now i'm grand again... tried other out door jobs like pest control or conservation but they were surprisingly hard to get into and the pay was mostly crap :( ... trying to build now so i settled on driving it was the only way to go because i hate being stuck in factorys and i always find that there is always, always a brown nose ball licking hoor that just seems to be there to make life harder for everyone else...

Used to love my job (registered nurse for the mentally handicapped)

But because of our 'sue for everything culture' as a qualified nurse i am stuck in the office the greatest % of the time doing paper work. The nursing assistants now do the work i used to love doing.

Its the kind of job where you come home and worry have i crossed all the T's and dotted all the I's.

I'd love a little job in a corner shop now, or cleaning peoples houses, no responsiblity or stress.

MOLL.

i always find that there is always, always a brown nose ball licking hoor that just seems to be there to make life harder for everyone else...

i believe it's an EU directive that evey factory should have one.

been a ground maintenance foreman for 11 yrs now,not great in this weather but the moneys good plus i'm on the move everyday,can't abide being stuck in the one place too long.

I've been a Fire Fighter for the last 12 years (blimey, seems a real long time when you write it down)

I also do a bit of selling on the internet and markets/shows, and do building work for myself,

I'll be giving it all up though if my new buisness takes off (Shhhhhh I'll let you all know if and when it works)I'll be working from home with plenty of time to devote to my dogs, ferrets, hunting, fishing etc, cant wait! It will be kicking off at the start of October so fingers crossed I'll keep you posted. :victory: