Big Lurchers

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like bigger dogs for what I do but when they start gettin too big you do lose some stuff. You really lose their ability to turn tightly and that can hurt you at times. I dont think you really lose

Depends what you're hunting but big on the inside means more to me than inches to the shoulder!

Had a machine of dog stood 29tts deer/greyx saluki/whip/grey was great on anythin big then rabs , took loads with him. Had to shoot him cos cancer of liver had anova n he was shockin shit glad he didn

Posted Images

We measure all ours by foxes caught.all this shit with inches to the shoulder is a load of shite.breeding and heart is everything.once the dog can run at a fair pace then height means nothing-if they really want to catch em they will!

The thread is about big dogs, not about breeding and heart. It's not shit about inches to the shoulder, if the dogs ain't 27" TTS and above then they ain't got any place on this thread.

How does it work with a well bred, big dog that's got loads of heart? While I agree that they're both important, heart and breeding is never gonna make a dog truly fast.