Day Of Ruin

I remember the day still, it was the 2nd of June 1979. This was the day that my world fell apart. The weather was much the same as todays, I had spent most of the morning in Oxford city centre buying clothes, I needed a nice white shirt also I needed a pair of shoes. Well came home from city centre just got home when the neighbour called me round for a couple of drinks which went down very well. I was happy having a couple of glasses of whiskey but mum shouted for me to come back home because she thought that I needed to get ready, I had plenty of time I said but mums know best.

So had a bath and a soak, so long that I had wrinkle fingers. Got out dried my hair, put on trousers along with new shirt and shoes. My ride turned up a little early but no worries as I would rather be early than late, it was only 6 miles to the event. So I was about 5 minuets early I was the calmest one there. Then it happened my world fell apart when 13 minuets after I had arrived, she turned up. Welcome world to the new Mr and Mrs Crook, 34 years and still together. Happy Anniversary darling.

• Like 9

Davy the name is Crook, Roger Crook. To the rest of my well wishers from my air gunning family a huge big thank you. Si just to think that the pair of you have this to look forward too, and you and Laura are only a couple of years after lol.