Whats With All The Out Of Season Hunting?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summer hunting........when average dogs,become legends....lol...

It's just amazing how many 'pest controllers' are on here . . . . when the summer comes around

its 1 thing getting called out for a nuisance fox and cubs or an over populated rabbit problem, but I don't agree with killing stuff this time of year for the hell of it,coz its the same folk that com

I wouldnt dream of hunting hares or any pregnant animal purposefully during the summer months. However there are no shortage of rabbits where iam they dont get hammered but if the dogs catch a couple on a mooch i dont lose any sleep over it. I have a nice bit of land where munties are a real problem and they get dealt with most of the year round. Its not a nice job sometimes and i wouldnt dream of posting or bragging about it. Same with rabbits. Im still out in the dead of winter working the dogs thats the mqin thing,

can any one explain why you would want to hunt now when things are breeding, surely you are killing sport for winter. it seems to be very common around my end especialy with the younger "sportsmen", maybe there scared of winter weather or dogs cant do the job when quarry is at its fittest

ask iceman his season starts in march and ends in September :D

Thing I like about the summer, you can get a few courses and a tan at the same time...

I go for the real treal wife beater vest, shorts and my vintage Reebox classics..

My season just about full swing, still the odd wet day but you cant have it all ..

Come winter you guys will be freezing your balls off, I would rather be in the house smoking a bong with the XBox :laugh:

There will be some cat sized cubs kicking about soon... Move over Wrecking crew I will show You tube some real foxing machines :laugh::laugh:

Edited by Giro
  • Like 2

Its a known Fact that Rabbits are at it all year round there is no season for rabbits. All the rest are illegal to course anyway so therefore what season?.....

No need to have the dig at the (YOUNGER SPORTSMEN) either whats to say its just the younger generation. In fact when i go out down here im more likely to see Lurchermen than Lurcherboys!!!!!

Encourage the up and coming or the sport will die!

Its a known Fact that Rabbits are at it all year round there is no season for rabbits. All the rest are illegal to course anyway so therefore what season?..... No need to have the dig at the (YOUNGER SPORTSMEN) either whats to say its just the younger generation. In fact when i go out down here im more likely to see Lurchermen than Lurcherboys!!!!! Encourage the up and coming or the sport will die!

icemans in his forties ffs :D

Its a known Fact that Rabbits are at it all year round there is no season for rabbits. All the rest are illegal to course anyway so therefore what season?..... No need to have the dig at the (YOUNGER SPORTSMEN) either whats to say its just the younger generation. In fact when i go out down here im more likely to see Lurchermen than Lurcherboys!!!!! Encourage the up and coming or the sport will die!

icemans in his forties ffs :D

My point proven then... :laugh:

• Like 1

Its a known Fact that Rabbits are at it all year round there is no season for rabbits. All the rest are illegal to course anyway so therefore what season?.....

No need to have the dig at the (YOUNGER SPORTSMEN) either whats to say its just the younger generation. In fact when i go out down here im more likely to see Lurchermen than Lurcherboys!!!!!

Some young lads need no encouragement they are keen as mustard they just go about the wrong way... Some older fellas are the same tho if they never learn the right way,they will always do it the wrong way..

The sport wont die it will just get worst :yes:

Without a doubt there are places where the rabbits need culling all year round. However, those places are getting fewer and far between. I remember back years ago, where people who were relativly new to lamping had two seasons summer and winter. There were also the ones that were complaining about the lack of rabbits on their ground. Where as I would hit the rabbits hard in the autumn and as soon as the numbers dropped in an area would leave that area alone till the next season.

I have never had a farmer tell me that he was dropping me in favour of someone else.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 1

Some young lads need no encouragement they are keen as mustard they just go about the wrong way... Some older fellas are the same tho if they never learn the right way,they will always do it the wrong way..

The sport wont die it will just get worst :yes:

i wonder why the go around it the wrong way?