After bloody nightmares with builders and ending up labouring to my brickie myself all week, I finally got out today for a look at the bucks.
Covered all the ground but bugger all was moving about in the drizzly pish that was passing for weather down the borders at 6am today.
Seen a couple, but they were tight in the gorse, and were also to be savoured another day when they colour up abit, then finally saw a nice little buck feeding at the edge of a plantation.

Went passed him around 1/4 mile or so and stalked back in towards him, and easy one really, and got lined up on him against a fence post. Sat watching for a few minutes, as I was going to shoot him through the fence, but was in no hurry so let him feed up the banking a bit to get him in the clear. Just as he did, a noise had him up and looking,! facing away from me I zapped him in the back of the neck, Fine shot.

Nice, but a bit scruffy, what with it being early yet.

Good days.

2013-05-11_10-23-24_737_zps3796dab8.jpg2013-05-11_10-23-32_258_zps37cc6e9f.jpg

• Like 4

Cheers mate,, have had a shit week ,, seriously,, so this blew the shite away a bit.

Had a dog nightmare as well. If yer there manyana Ross I`ll fill yeh in ! :cray:

I'm no there the morra mate, got a bit to do garden/house wise and out to watch the hearts hibs game, drop me a pm bud. :thumbs:

Is that the first with that 8x50 rake ? nice shot .

No bud

I had 3 does with the swaro last time home.. Bloody amazing that scope,, a fantastic investment. I now reckon I have the best possible Roe set up as far as I`m concerned.

• 2 weeks later...