Search Warrant

So I don't have a TV so I'm automaticly branded a criminal in the eyes of TV licensing and have been threatened with a search warrant

I take it that even with a warrant they cannot gain access to my guns without a Firearms officer being there, but how do you know they are a firearms officer or not?

So I don't have a TV so I'm automaticly branded a criminal in the eyes of TV licensing and have been threatened with a search warrant

I take it that even with a warrant they cannot gain access to my guns without a Firearms officer being there, but how do you know they are a firearms officer or not?

The only person who can obtain a search warrant is a police officer, The only person that warrant give access to is the police.

lol.... tell tv liscence to fcuk off...you dont watch live tv on bbc... plus there not allowed onto your property unless invited.... stop there right of access to your property and then explain to the policeman you dont pay for fraud.... if he asks what you mean tell him you dont pay a company who told lies about a building falling during 9 11 ...jimmy saville stuart hall do you really need me to go on....theres enough reasons right there now beat it tv man .... :thumbs:

Yes I'm aware of that, they would have to have a police man accompany them around my house. But does that give the policeman the right to check my cabinet without a firearms officer?

Have a read of the communications act, which sets out the law.

Evasion of a license is a criminal act.

A police officer has the right to inspect the contents of your cabinet search warrant or not.

Here's an extract...........Powers to enforce TV licensing

(1)If a justice of the peace, a sheriff in Scotland or a lay magistrate in Northern Ireland is satisfied by information on oath that there are reasonable grounds for believing—

(a)that an offence under section 363 has been or is being committed,

(B)that evidence of the commission of the offence is likely to be on premises specified in the information, or in a vehicle so specified, and

(c)that one or more of the conditions set out in subsection (3) is satisfied,

he may grant a warrant under this section.

(2)A warrant under this section is a warrant authorising any one or more persons authorised for the purpose by the BBC or by OFCOM—

(a)to enter the premises or vehicle at any time (either alone or in the company of one or more constables); and

(B)to search the premises or vehicle and examine and test any television receiver found there.

Any police officer can ask to see your licence and confirm that the firearms you have are licenced.

Firearm Licencing Officers are usually civilian workers these days.

I don't think they would want to see inside your gun cabinet unless it's big enough to be hiding a TV set.

Tell 'em where to go, and if they want to go to the trouble of getting a warrant, let them come in, unless, that is, you have something to hide.

You only need to allow entry to those people named on the warrant.

Thanks guys, I just wanted to know if letting a regular policeman access to my guns could come back at me, and having the TV licensing man jump through a few more hoops would of been a bonus ;)

You got something to hide??

Yes, alot of modern technology. Computer(no TV card installed) PS3, laptop, Bluray/DVD player, mobile phone, Internet Access. The law says that I cannot have any equipment installed or used to acces live Broadcasts, which I don't, but TV licensing would insist I do if a policeman wasn't there.

Edited by wakey87

Unless your scope is capable of receiving a tv picture I doubt they will be interested in your firearms at all bud.

The licencing website states...

"Part 4 of the Communications Act 2003 makes it an offence to install or use a television receiver to watch or record any television programmes as they're being shown on television without a valid TV Licence"

No receiver in your modern technology - no problem

As for watching it online that's different and you don't need a licence for that

ATB

Adam

It is quite simple pal, all you need do is ring or write to tv licensing, tell them you don't have a tv, and invite them to call and satisfy themselves that you don't have one,job done, I have done just this myself,dont make life difficult for yourself,if you genuinely don't have a tv, them you have nothing to hide.