The Big Catty Question?

theraband gold flats.....

double or single?

now ive been using both for a while and am lucky enough to own two of the exact same catapults for comparison. one banded singly....the other doubled up.

seems that the 22+ ft/lb of the doubles attracts the obvious vote and is number one choice for game....

but the singles are more than capable of dispatching game.

i find a harder draw with the doubles affects your accuracy....

whearas the light draw with the singles puts no strain on the drawing hand......

got to say im swaying towards the singles. compromising a little power for the extreme accuracy....

30ft shot...singles....

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=plcp&v=iJvjHo4bue0

whats your opinions?

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket

I use double therabands on my main catty (a side shooting gamekeeper), I'm not massively strong and find it okay, and it builds up your arm! ;)

Though I have a single theraband gold practice catty that I will admit is more accurate, but you see the power difference. To be fair though if you pull back far enough on a single it wont be far off what you can get out of doubles. Defo capable of taking game so it boils down to preference really. I use doubles as with a side shooter its nice to really feel where the bands are and I find singles "feel" to light to me.

i stopped useing the doubles a while back through no fault of my own,my daughter ordered the wrong ones so i ended up with singles but ive put more gear away than i used to,i shot a black rabbit in the head the other day with a 9.5 steel bb and it dropped no problem so im staying on singles :thumbs:

singles do feel really light :yes:

but if you cut the short....it makes them almost maxed out ar full draw.....which generates an awful lot of power.

im liking the singles lately. just cant be arsed with the effort of drawing the doubles tbh.

im liking the singles lately. just cant be arsed with the effort of drawing the doubles tbh.

it does knacker your arm when you fancy shooting for a while. only problem ive found is when your maxing the bands out the band life decreases massively ive gone through 4 sets since i got the new catty with the last two only lasting 200-250 shots due to cutting them shorter in order to max them out.

I've not had the chance to get out with the catty much the past few months as I've been busy, but I've had to replace the bands twice over a year.

I snip mine shorter too, I think shorter bands help with accuracy, (but F*&king hurt like hell if you hit a knuckle, as my now permanent scar demonstrates)

I have a diablo cobra that uses tube bands, but I'm undecided on whether I like it...

three of my favourites.

2 outside omes are made by a mate of mine out of hdpe...which is virtually indestructable....

and the middle was a gift off atomlab :thumbs:

20130509_130328_zps2eaf010e.jpg

the one on the right is the double banded one. im not getting on with it tbh. its super powerful..... but like i said, im swaying to singles.

i 'acquired' an rk catty unbeknown to me....through a swap. i thought it was wank to be honest :yes: ....his customer service is shiit and he takes AGES to sort out your order.

first ive heard of his catapults being wank, but loads have said the customer service is shit. might steer clear of him then. does the bloke you got those 2 catapults from still make them?

how many catapults have you got bud you seem to have loads?

Edited by youcanthide...BANG

well i had one of his cattys for a day and sold it on. didnt like it at all.

.... i had loads of cattys at one time. 20 or so..... but had to sell/swap most of them as i had too many. you can only shoot one at a time :yes:

i had these...plus more that i made and countless naturals drying....

20130109_142911_zps8b68c3a9.jpg

just left with my 4...my lads mini catty and a couple of naturals hanging about.

20130509_125404_zps70d1a7c7.jpg

i will get hold of that guys email who made me them two out of hdpe. theyre real good :yes:

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket

done the paintjob myself :thumbs:

think theyre around the 25 quid mark.... indestructable!

his email is...

phillip.walker7@ntlworld.com

drop him a message.

i had a feeling you did i was hoping they came with it as im not too good with things like that too messy and heavy handed lol im after a catty thats a bit better looking than the one ive got. not the natural look but with the colours

found this one

Camo1w_zps9dd6de64.jpg

£32 but its aluminium and me still a newbie fork hits may still be a problem even though i havent had one since the first few days of me shooting the catty. it does look good though and the paint will probably give a better grip when its wet